Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
TXmommy2be
Registered Users

My Mood:
GF/CF pantry items ?

I am trying to go GF/CF for my son, but after tons of research and label reading I'm still pretty overwhelmed . I have been doing lots of shopping at Sprouts and Whole Foods for some things, but my budget is pretty limited, so I'm searching for affordable choices.

I'm working on stocking the pantry with the things I will need to cook meals/snacks/etc. Everything I read says when in doubt or unsure about a product being GF/CF to call the company. Well, I don't currently have access to a phone and email is proving to be very slow. Would anyone be willing to share names/brands of items you can buy from the grocery store that are GF/CF (ready made foods and baking supplies)? For instance, is it really necessary to buy cocoa powder and chocolate chips that are GF/CF? Or can I still use my Hershey's Cocoa Powder? I've seen some chocolate chips at Whole Foods, but they're pretty expensive. Is there a grocery store brand that I can trust? I was so excited the other day when I was able to find GF vanilla at my Kroger and didn't have to spend an arm and a leg on the stuff marketed as GF .

Sometimes I feel like I am making this harder than it should be, but when I read a recipe that specifies an item needs to be GF/CF I want to be sure I'm using something that isn't killing my budget and undermining all of my hard work to make GF/CF foods. It doesn't help that my DS is a VERY picky eater.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

1 in 110 kids has autism. One of them is mine.
TXmommy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
TXmommy2be
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: GF/CF pantry items ?

Where is everybody??? Any help would be very much appreciated!

1 in 110 kids has autism. One of them is mine.
TXmommy2be is offline   Reply With Quote