Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2010, 07:26 AM   #11
mommylifew3
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/2

Thanks ladies,

Here's the whole thing wet on the table:

It's the colorway from the hollis from valerie but without the natural. The colors are a bit deeper per request.
And this one is FO:

And just for fun, I just won this:
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=79910&vid=2213
It will be perfect for christmas. I guess we are doing wine colors this year, lol. Maybe I'll get a rhs done for Mae. lolololololol

Advertisement

Join Eco-Wrapz on Facebook to see my Latest Work
mommylifew3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:41 AM   #12
LaPetiteKrottCreations
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylifew3 View Post
Ok Here's a pic:

The funny color is bairly picked up by the camera. It is where the orange meets the purple.
What do you guys think?

Quote:
Thanks ladies,

It's the colorway from the hollis from valerie but without the natural. The colors are a bit deeper per request.
And this one is FO:

It will be perfect for christmas. I guess we are doing wine colors this year, lol. Maybe I'll get a rhs done for Mae. lolololololol
I think it looks great

I've been RAVED!
LaPetiteKrottCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:42 AM   #13
TheLittleButtonBakery
Registered Users
Formerly: littlemonkeyfoot
seller

My Mood:

Good Morning- I havent knit in over a week now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle Spun View Post
Oh ladies, I feel your pain. I will make my weekend story as quick as possible.

We spent the weekend at my 10 y.o.'s hockey tournament. He is a goalie. Got to the hotel late so just had enough time to grab sandwiches from the gas station for dinner before we went to the rink for game #1. The older 2 hated the sandwiches, but I made them eat at least half anyway. The littlest one (16 months) loved it and ate almost a whole sandwich. Sandis (my goalie) threw up immediately after dinner & right before his game. Bad. Gracie (middle child & 7) laid on the floor of the hockey rink the whole game with a bad tummy ache. Thia (littlest) threw up on the bleachers. We went to the other side of the rink where there are no bleachers and watched the rest of the game. Boys lost 11-3.

Thia was up with HIGH fever all friday night. Used up the small amount of baby ibuprofen I was smart enough to bring along.

Game 2 on Saturday at 2pm. Got to first game. Lose 10-2.

Can't find children's ibu or tyl. at the store. This is north MN lake country. You can find fishing bait, at least.....

Game 3 on Saturday at 6pm. Wasn't able to squeeze in dinner before the game. Sandis (goalie) says he doesn't feel good and won't eat. Give him a juice smoothie to hydrate and give him calories.

Sandis did awesome first two periods with 60 saves in the game and faced 71. Third period he is hunched in goal thinking he will puke. He skates to bench to tell coaches he is sick & gets sent back to goal. No backup goalie this tournament. Goal after goal after goal goes in. Lose game #3 11-0.

In bed by 11pm Saturday night. Thia has HIGH fever again. Chew up 1/3 200mg ibu tab and try to sneak it to her in a skittles. Didn't work so hot. We resort to sponge baths.

Sunday. It is my birthday Up at 6am. Leave at 6:40 for Game #4 at 8am. Sandis says he doesn't feel well, tummy hurts. Lose game, 10-0.

Sandis is weepy and sad and stressed out. He faced 248 shots and let 42 in. Sad day in goalie land and bad day in mommy land.

Thia is weepy, but not feverish. She still won't eat. Gracie is ticked. She has been at a hockey rink and with a sick baby all weekend.

Drive home.

Get home. Unpack. Do diaper laundry. Do 3 loads regular laundry.

Hubby sits on couch. He does say happy birthday. He made a cake. There is not frosting. Mentions he needs to go get frosting. Takes Thia upstairs and sleeps for four hours.

Sandis is still weepy. 6:45pm I leave and go to a restaurant and buy myself cake and ice cream. Get home at 8pm. 45 minutes later I put kids in bed.

Gracie made me something out of 3 plastic baby hangers and kite string when she found out no one got me anything for my birthday. Sandis gave me something. I'm not sure what it is. There is glitter, though. And I think it is broken. I got a check from my grandma.

It would have been nice if they had just sang happy birthday.

Okay, sorry that was long. Bad weekend.

Quote:
Ok Here's a pic:

The funny color is bairly picked up by the camera. It is where the orange meets the purple.
What do you guys think?
Quote:
Thanks ladies,

And this one is FO:

WOW! those look fantastic!
TheLittleButtonBakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:57 AM   #14
shel*bel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post
Angela if you get on here- what is this base like?<br>
<a href="http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=85429&amp;vid=200001" target="_blank">http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=85429&amp;vid=200001</a>

It is purewool Emily...

Sarah! I didn't read yesterday's post but I saw it quoted in today's. Sorry you had a bad weekend... but

So I got some decent work in on the tester sweater for Ayden:

I am about to start the hem but want to try it on my little guy first.

I also got a bit of dyeing done over the weekend. Mostly trims, but I'll take pics today when the last of it is dry.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:00 AM   #15
JessieV
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning girls! Love the yarn Aimee!

That sweater is beautiful Shelly!

My knit gallery My Ravelry
JessieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:18 AM   #16
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think the yarn looks great. But little brown at the color switches never bothers me. I like brown.

As for me, I'm working on the SH for the KAL and reknitting a pair of longies I received as a tester. The legs were an inch uneven and the crotch was not kitchener grafted (just strung on a single yarn), the first set of short rows was on the front, and there were knots all over. I love the yarn, tho, so frog frog frog! I'll be happy with them once they're done.

I'm in a pickle on the SH, tho. I've finished to the bottom of the body and find that while it fits my 18 mos old nicely, it also fits my 3.5 yo! Who gets the sweater?! ARGH! Probably the little one as it's a scrappy sweater and I want to make sure I have enough yarn for it.

ETA: the baby still as a fever and my MIL arrives today for a week's stay. We're suposed to be doing a last minute clean as a family but DH is still in bed.

Last edited by blossomgoat; 08-02-2010 at 08:21 AM.
blossomgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #17
knit~it~good
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Ok Here's a pic:

What do you guys think?
I like it too!

Morning everyone!
My baby girl is 2 months old today!! I finally have a wip but I can't share pictures because it's a gift for someone and they would see it here.

My Facebook fan page!
knit~it~good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #18
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

Old 08-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #19
chippybug10
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shel*bel View Post
So I got some decent work in on the tester sweater for Ayden:

I'm definitely buying this pattern when it comes out, it looks great!

Quote:
Thanks ladies,

And this one is FO:
In the first pic you posted earlier, I didn't like the way the yarn turned out. But these pics make it look a lot better, I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

Happy Birthday Sarah! Sorry about your less than stellar weekend

I've gotten zero knitting done over the past couple days, except for a pocket for the longies I'm currently working on. The only chance I've had to knit is when DS is asleep and by that point I'm too tired
Old 08-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #20
Rockinmama24
Registered Users

My Mood:

Morning everyone. I like the yarn the color change doesn't bother me.

How can a crotch be done strung on a string of yarn? I wouldn't be closed would it?