Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-31-2010, 03:56 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Do I really need a curriculum??

we used Heart of Dakota (HOD) for pre-K. It only takes about 30-45 minutes depending on how involved to kid was with the art etc. the bible story is really short and easy to understand also includes questions at the end so you know how much they remember. also will give you good ideas for acting out the story really fun. they do some painting, cutting, pasting, drawing. HOD covers a new letter each week. You really do the stuff with your child so get ready to get on the floor and get silly. It was really fun. I would not fallow a curricula until the next year so that your not doing 2 years of Pre-K.
HTH have fun

trustyourinstincts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I don't think a formal curriculum is necessary at all for this age... or for any age really. It's all about what suits you and your child. I think for preschool age all you need are lots of books to read together and lots of time outside playing. It's amazing to me how much DD picks up from just those 2 things. Ruth Beechick has some great books out there with activities and ideas for preschool and elementary aged kids.
Licensed seller of Trimsies Trainers

babybelle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #13
My Mood:

I think it is totally up to you! I am not using one. I was homeschooled and my mom NEVER used one! I think I am pretty well put together! We let our son choose something he wanted to learn about this year, and he really liked that. He is NOT the kind of boy that will sit and look in a book, I have a very hands on kinda guy. You'll know whats right for you!
mycupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote