Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2007, 03:13 PM   #11
mandikaake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much do you pay your babysitters?

Wow! It just blows my mind what people pay now for the most part. Granted when I babysat it was about 12 years ago but man! I got paid $1.50 per hour for watching two kids, doing the cooking, dishes and cleaning the house as well as making sure they got to bed. Crazy! I was hoping like $3 per hour was the norm. Yeah if we had it to throw around I wouldn't mind paying more but we just can't do a lot. We have no family at all who lives close by (and I mean by several hours), and the only person who I wouldn't mind watching them keeps tabs on what she does for me and tries to get something back in return even though I've helped her more times than I can even count. I talked to her once about paying her to watch them thinking she wouldn't expect me to watch her little monsters, but she said "then you'd have to watch my kids" but of course I wouldn't get paid for it. What gives?

Just as a background, she has said several times she'd pay to watch my kids because they entertain her kids so well and they are so well behaved. But the few times her kids came over all the one does is scream and cry and scream some more. They get virtually no discipline which makes it really hard to watch them.

Ok my mini rant is done. LOL! Anyways, my hubby and I really need to get out alone sometimes so I guess I'll have to cough up whatever so we can spend some time together. So how would you pay twins? There's no way I can do $5 per hour for each girl. I only have two kids by the way. One is 7 (almost 8) and can honestly run the house by herself and watch her brother if need be but I don't want to leave them alone. The other is a little over 1 year. Oh what to do. LOL!

Regardless we'll be getting out for only the second time since my son has been born and he's now 15 months old. We're way overdue! I'm thinking we'll go and see Spiderman and take in some nice dinner

Advertisement

Old 05-15-2007, 11:52 PM   #12
Zanymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much do you pay your babysitters?

We pay about $5 an hour for 2 of our kids. I can't believe some pay over $10 for one. That is nuts! Makes me want to start babysitting...but I wouldn never make that much around here.