Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #241
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/3

I need some ideas for something to knit up for Lilly for Christmas. I would love to do a dress and maybe a shrug. Spam me with some stuff and some colorways for Christmas. Please

Advertisement

Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #242
knit~it~good
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post
Im in a knitting funk. Im not 100% sure I really like knitting for other people...... or at least not as MANY projects as I have been. Im def taking a break to do some personal knitting once Im done with these customs, and I think after that I might only take like 1 or 2 projects a month for yymn things. At least until I knit all my yarn and run out of paypal to buy more that is

I've been in a knitting funk too lately. But I started a washcloth tonight and I'm really liking it. I'm going to make dd a ice cream cone rattle and cupcake to match it.

I've thought about starting customs but I feel like I wouldn't get any time to knit for my family. But the extra $$ would be nice!

My Facebook fan page!
knit~it~good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #243
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyLD View Post
Emily, Thats how i feel. I would rather be working on stuff for my own LO. It takes me double the time to knit for someone else because i am not as interested in the project.. I like knitting for my own kids.. :/
So far, almost all the things Ive knit for other people have been with yarn that I really like, so it was nice to knit... Now, dont get me wrong, I have 1 pair of longies for a yymn that Im dreading bc I think the colorway is hideous But I also reallllllllllly love gifting things. I love picking out yarn that I think that person will love and spending the time finding the perfect project and knitting as a gift. But I think Im just burnt out right now. I dont even really want to knit my personal knitting right this second.
PipersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #244
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knit~it~good View Post
I've been in a knitting funk too lately. But I started a washcloth tonight and I'm really liking it. I'm going to make dd a ice cream cone rattle and cupcake to match it.

I've thought about starting customs but I feel like I wouldn't get any time to knit for my family. But the extra $$ would be nice!
yeah the $$ is nice, bc it supports my yarn buying sprees, but then it all just sits in the trunk bc I have no time to knit it, and then if it sits, I want to sell it bc I start hating yarn. And then when I love yarn again Im sad about what I sold. Its never ending lol
PipersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #245
TheLittleButtonBakery
Registered Users
Formerly: littlemonkeyfoot
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollytreeyarn View Post
Custom I did, thinking about adding it to my store and pulling some of the scraps out for my gallery too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyLD View Post
CUTE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knit~it~good View Post

Pattern? or winging it?
TheLittleButtonBakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #246
mommy2l
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpierce View Post
I need some ideas for something to knit up for Lilly for Christmas. I would love to do a dress and maybe a shrug. Spam me with some stuff and some colorways for Christmas. Please
I have been keeping an eye out for Christmas colorways too, and Halloween/Fall for that matter!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #247
singingpraises7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EweNeedColor~ View Post
Cheap, too. Less than $15,000 for the one we are selling . The cost of living here is SOOOOO LOWWWW!!! We paid $17,500 for the house we live in now. It was 4 bd 1 bth, but we converted one of the bedrooms into another bathroom upstairs. Our yard is really big, too
Okay I'm moving there!!!! I put an offer on a house today for $382,000 and that's Canadian. That is so crazy, I want a $17,500 house.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #248
mykidsteacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just chiming in to say "hi" to the other 'older' mamas. I remember the 80's quite well, since I graduated high school early in that decade. LOL

I had my first in 1993, and my last in 2006 (I was 41). When I was pg with my first, there was a lady in our church who was 40 and pg, and I remember being AGHAST that she was soooo old. LOL. And swore I NEVER wanted to have a baby that late. Yeah. Well. So much for that. ROFLOL. We got there and decided our family just didn't feel complete, so went for it again. She was my BEST pregnancy and delivery, and can't imagine life without her.

It does throw me for a loop a bit when I realize most of you have parents younger than I am. Mostly because I don't see myself as 'grandparent' age. I still feel like I'm mid-thirties.

I haven't been able to check in for a while since I've been so busy. But I have been knitting.
Tina, HS'ing Mama to 4 dc, Baby #5 with Jesus 2/09.
Stocking Heartland Dreams
My Photobucket My Blog Follow me on Facebook!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #249
singingpraises7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesaddle View Post
That is sooo cheap for a house!! Wow!

I love the snow, but I live up in Canada. I would totally miss the snow if I moved away. I am a huge wimp when it comes to the heat though, I could never live way in the south where it is super warm all the time. Although I could do with a warm vacation in about Feb.

Anyone who hasn't seen a real snowfall is welcome to come visit us. You'd get the whole experience!
Where in Canada are you. We're in Alberta close to Edmonton. I totally agree on the heat. I just can't handle it. I'm not crazy about our cold winters either. I could handle spring and fall weather year round.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #250
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am done with the longies. I will try to post a pic tomorrow. I just started a hat to match
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...-touch-of-lace