Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #21
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does your DH/So help with homeschooling?

Simply, no, DH doesn't really do anything with homeschooling. I never really thought that he would, even when he was home b/c he was unemployed for a few months last school year. I think there may have been once or twice he worked on spelling words with DD.

I don't really want to share it though... I would rather be there every day and see what DD is doing instead of handing things off. DD is very independent, but even when she brings work to her dad's house, I wonder where she left off and if I should know some material that is in that lesson to help her in the future. Sharing the work load in homeschooling just doesn't work for me. I did tell DH though that when the new LO comes, I'll definitely need his help around the house more. Right now I don't really ask anything of him other than taking out the garbage b/c I'm home and he is gone for work 12 hours a day.

Advertisement

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #22
babybelle02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH helps by making sure our oldest is behaving and putting forth his best effort. He checks his work when he gets home from work so he can stay up to date on what we're learning and be involved in conversation and he's great about doing extra housework when I'm feeling overwhelmed. It took some hinting and then pleading on my part but he's been a great help lately. Like some of the other mamas said, it was more a fear and anxiety about not doing it right than an unwillingness to be involved.

babybelle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #23
TwoInCloth
Registered Users

Yes. He taught the kids today. He also helps with the baby when he can so I can work with the older boys.
TwoInCloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #24
lowder462
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH helps out if I ask him to. If one of the kids is having a hard time learning something (like money) or other stuff, whenever I tell my DH he starts helping them out usually right away. Other than that it's just me.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:06 AM   #25
maureen73
Registered Users
seller

We discussed it and my husband will help with projects and topics of his interest. For example, he can do hands on science experiments and the "workings" of a a car etc.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #26
AcaciaR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not so much with the teaching, but on his day off he'll take dd to a toddler activity at the library so I can work with ds. And we plan our field trips so dh can join us, too.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #27
granolamommie
Registered Users

Dh has different schedules, so when he works in the pm he helps with school so I can shower or excersize. He is more patient than I am, so when I get frustrated with our ld child he steps in.
granolamommie is offline   Reply With Quote