Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2007, 10:09 AM   #1
wyldblueangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Nap time

How do you get your 4 month old to take a nap? Mine has to be either in the swing with the vacuum running until he falls asleep or fall asleep while bfing. Even then I can't lay him down, unless it's in the swing. It's like he knows I'm not there. Have I "spoiled" him, or is this normal!?!?!?!

Please feel free to leave your advice!!!

Thx in advance

Advertisement

Check out my Ebay Feedback
wyldblueangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:00 PM   #2
blissfullyblessed
Registered Users
Formerly: kerstynsmom
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nap time

oh momma - mine did the same thing - so I have no advice. We did end up getting a sound machine, and DD still uses it on rain. My bestfriends lo is the same age as yours and she's having the same problem, but he won't let her put him anywhere - he wants to stay in her arms only for naps. Whoo I remember those days.

This too shall pass
Old 05-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #3
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is no no to most people but only way our baby would sleep well and he still does it to this day is laying him on tummy. Sorry I'm not of much help.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #4
booboonfattymagee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my dd is 6 months and still only naps in my arms
booboonfattymagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:44 PM   #5
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I honestly think that every child is different, especially when it comes to sleep. However, I do believe that (no matter what age), children do need a nap or "down time". That being said... ...

NO! YOU ARE NOT SPOILING YOUR LITTLE ONE! My DD is 3 and I still rock her to sleep. Yes, I do. I don't care what anyone else thinks. She has had a sound machine since she came home from the hospital since she roomed in with us (we have one in our room). When DD moved into her own room, we bought one for her. DD can't fall asleep during the day unless she is in the car, and I am not going to drive around! We napped together until she was a little over a year old. Finally, she would stay asleep when I transferred her to her crib. And, yes, now... we sit on her new daybed, I sing and rock her in my arms. She holds her own baby and blankie while she falls asleep. I think it's the most precious times. They won't last long, as I am sure she will be weaning herself from a nap in the next few months. I would still like to rock her even when our new baby arrives. It will all work out in the end.

**She DOES fall asleep on her own fairly quickly at night... it's daytime that she has a hard time with.

So, do what you feel is best for your child. PLEASE! You'll both be happier in the long run.
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:26 PM   #6
cotton_jmb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's very normal mama. My son was attached and could only fall asleep like that too. He was always carried around by me, and I didn't even use a sling when he was that age.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #7
alysia101
Registered Users
seller

My dd is the smae way. It drives me crazy. She'd be so sleepy and I'd lay her down and she'd be up in 20 minutes. I just lay her down at the same time every day and she eventually goes longer and longer. Up to about 2 45 minute naps a day.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #8
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both of mine were the same as your dc at 4 months. By 6 mo, though, I started to notice that they would get tired about 1-2 hours after waking up in the AM, and then again around mid afternoon. They both used pacifiers and I'd put them down with the paci and a blanket to snuggle, and they'd sleep. One nap was usually longer than the other. The weird thing is, the more sleep they get, the better they seem to do with a sleep routine...at least this has been the case with mine. GL!
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote