Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 09:28 AM   #41
hekamc's Avatar
hekamc
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,348
My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPetiteKrottCreations View Post
I store them in jars...either mason jars or reused jars.
Thanks. That's what I thought but I wasn't sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpierce View Post
Do any of them come with 12"? I have to have a set with 12" ones to make it worth it for me.
I don't think any sets come with 12" I think it's hard to find 16"
Quote:
Originally Posted by shel*bel View Post
Sorry, but I'm signed up for 0-3 months... But maybe you'll have a reason to buy that size come October.



I *think* Hiya Hiya makes a set with 12" but they're the only ones I know about.


Oh and regarding dyeing. I take notes on how I dye each colorway. Some of my older colorways don't have as detailed notes as my newer ones do, but I have notes on most of my colorways (except for a couple, which I need to try to recreate).
Thanks. I need to keep notes when I dye next. If that ever happens darn sick kids and fussy baby.

Advertisement

__________________
Heidi mama to Syan (7/14/01), Kaidnce (6/10/03), Gavriel (2/14/05), Roanin (9/18/08), and Tiernen (12/4/09)
Now Dyeing for Ewe Need Color!!

hekamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #42
AshleyLD's Avatar
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South CA
Posts: 13,856
My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/6

Good Morning!! I am casting on med-ish longies for lollytree yarns today I love the yarn she sent
__________________
*~Ashley~* SAHmama to 3 + 1
Check out the amazing Waldorf items at The Waldorf Dollhouse!
AshleyLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #43
kezoo's Avatar
kezoo
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 8,032
My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpierce View Post
Do any of them come with 12"? I have to have a set with 12" ones to make it worth it for me.
Not that I know of, because the tips to make a 12" circ usable have to be shorter and are usually bent/angled. Small, angled tips wouldn't really be useful when you are making a sweater on a large circ, KWIM? Plus I think if the tip is bent, it's harder to make a sturdy threaded connection. The smallest I know of is 16" - hiya hiya make them and if you get a KnitPicks set, you can order smaller tips & cords online to make 16"ers (I ordered from www.p2tog.com or .co.uk not sure which and prices were great, shipping cheaper than if I'd ordered from the next state over and very quick, too).

ETA: IMO, an interchangeable set was TOTALLY worth it for me, even without 12" circs (which I hate now because it makes my wrist hurt, so I ML everything instead). You won't just be making longies forever, you'll branch out into child clothing, adult clothing, etc and you'll end up using those needles. I my KP Options set!!
__________________
Kerry
Mama to Gavin (3/26/03) , Claire (6/14/05) and Oliver (hb 4/24/08)
ISO: nothing! | IHA: small fitteds, small & med wool

Last edited by kezoo; 08-06-2010 at 09:42 AM.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #44
~EweNeedColor~'s Avatar
~EweNeedColor~
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Detroit 'burbs
Posts: 9,164
My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/6

Good morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPetiteKrottCreations View Post
QUESTION for the dyers.... how do you keep track of how you did the colorways... I mean, do you just eyeball them, do you place the colours always at the same places on the wool, do you measure out your dye??
I made dye stocks for each colour...
I used to write it all down, now I just wing it
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekamc View Post
Emily you crack me up.



My 7 and 9 year old wear the same size. My 7 year old is in the 95% for height. Then my poor 5 year old is only 10th %, and of course he's the boy. Doesn't even wear a 5t yet

It's 1:30 a.m. here and I'm sitting up holding a crazy baby. He's sick and this is the 3rd night out of four he's done this. It's been for a little over an hour each time. I'm so tired I feel like I'm gonna lose my freakin mind. Sleep will be so glorious someday
My 2 and a half year old is 95th percentile for height, and my poor 7 and 8 year olds (will be 8 and 9 in a couple weeks) are completely off the chart, they were at 3rd percentile for a while They both weigh 46 lbs and both still wear a 5T, poor kids. They are sooooo tiny. They are ALWAYS the smallest in their class, and Corey gets picked on a LOT because of it. He was even held back a year, and is STILL the smallest in his class. They are both in the same grade now that he got held back, and they are always referred to as the 'shrimp twins' kids are so mean DH has MASS Phonotype, which is a subtype of Marfan's (Abraham Lincoln had this) so he's super tall, and we're pretty sure Ellen has it to based on her size. Here she was at 2 days old, almost 5 lbs, and then just yesterday. She is TALLLLLLL!!



Here's C & K on the first day of school last year E was only a year and a half, and look how big she was compared to them



Now I'm getting ready to re-skein the yarn I dyed yesterday!! This is my favorite part of dyeing, when I re-skein a new colorway and watch the colors shift and see how they look! It's like magic
~EweNeedColor~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #45
momof8
Registered Users
Formerly: Meesiejean
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,399
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/6

Hi!
I forgot to tell you guys that I won Lollytree's HC FFS Drawing/Lotto!!!! I got it in the mail yesterday and it is It is *I think* marshmallow? (It didn't come with a tag that says the colorway) plus the Lollyscraps wowowowowow....

Anyway, I just posted a QUESTION on the FB group------PLEASE go there and let me know the answer so that I can put up SOMETHING on there so you guys can have the first 'opportunity"!!! HUGE, HUGE, HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

AFM, finishing up the tester I thought I'd finish up the other day :lol:
momof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #46
~EweNeedColor~'s Avatar
~EweNeedColor~
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Detroit 'burbs
Posts: 9,164
My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/6

I answered you on FB Melissa
~EweNeedColor~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #47
momof8
Registered Users
Formerly: Meesiejean
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,399
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EweNeedColor~ View Post
Good morning



I used to write it all down, now I just wing it


My 2 and a half year old is 95th percentile for height, and my poor 7 and 8 year olds (will be 8 and 9 in a couple weeks) are completely off the chart, they were at 3rd percentile for a while They both weigh 46 lbs and both still wear a 5T, poor kids. They are sooooo tiny. They are ALWAYS the smallest in their class, and Corey gets picked on a LOT because of it. He was even held back a year, and is STILL the smallest in his class. They are both in the same grade now that he got held back, and they are always referred to as the 'shrimp twins' kids are so mean DH has MASS Phonotype, which is a subtype of Marfan's (Abraham Lincoln had this) so he's super tall, and we're pretty sure Ellen has it to based on her size. Here she was at 2 days old, almost 5 lbs, and then just yesterday. She is TALLLLLLL!!



Here's C & K on the first day of school last year E was only a year and a half, and look how big she was compared to them



Now I'm getting ready to re-skein the yarn I dyed yesterday!! This is my favorite part of dyeing, when I re-skein a new colorway and watch the colors shift and see how they look! It's like magic

So how tall is your DH>>need stats
momof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #48
momof8
Registered Users
Formerly: Meesiejean
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,399
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/6

Thanks, Erica!
momof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #49
momof8
Registered Users
Formerly: Meesiejean
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,399
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/6

Ok, my QUESTION is up on FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by momof8; 08-06-2010 at 09:55 AM.
momof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #50
hekamc's Avatar
hekamc
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,348
My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EweNeedColor~ View Post
Good morning



I used to write it all down, now I just wing it


My 2 and a half year old is 95th percentile for height, and my poor 7 and 8 year olds (will be 8 and 9 in a couple weeks) are completely off the chart, they were at 3rd percentile for a while They both weigh 46 lbs and both still wear a 5T, poor kids. They are sooooo tiny. They are ALWAYS the smallest in their class, and Corey gets picked on a LOT because of it. He was even held back a year, and is STILL the smallest in his class. They are both in the same grade now that he got held back, and they are always referred to as the 'shrimp twins' kids are so mean DH has MASS Phonotype, which is a subtype of Marfan's (Abraham Lincoln had this) so he's super tall, and we're pretty sure Ellen has it to based on her size. Here she was at 2 days old, almost 5 lbs, and then just yesterday. She is TALLLLLLL!!



Here's C & K on the first day of school last year E was only a year and a half, and look how big she was compared to them



Now I'm getting ready to re-skein the yarn I dyed yesterday!! This is my favorite part of dyeing, when I re-skein a new colorway and watch the colors shift and see how they look! It's like magic
You have some cute kiddos!
I love reskeining yarn too. Makes it look so different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTandPickles View Post
Hi!
I forgot to tell you guys that I won Lollytree's HC FFS Drawing/Lotto!!!! I got it in the mail yesterday and it is It is *I think* marshmallow? (It didn't come with a tag that says the colorway) plus the Lollyscraps wowowowowow....

Anyway, I just posted a QUESTION on the FB group------PLEASE go there and let me know the answer so that I can put up SOMETHING on there so you guys can have the first 'opportunity"!!! HUGE, HUGE, HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

AFM, finishing up the tester I thought I'd finish up the other day :lol:
I want to see your lollytree yarn

and I need measurements for your longies when you get a sec
__________________
Heidi mama to Syan (7/14/01), Kaidnce (6/10/03), Gavriel (2/14/05), Roanin (9/18/08), and Tiernen (12/4/09)
Now Dyeing for Ewe Need Color!!

hekamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.