Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #31
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2010 Lil Peeps!!!

Nomes, that is so wonderful to hear!!

Advertisement

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #32
MrsLemon13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh my goodness dont ask me about my body. I lost all but 15 pounds of what I had gained and now I have gained back at least 10 pounds. I too cannot seem to stop eating. I dont think I eat too much more than I did when I was not pregnant, but its hard for me to remember since its been so stinkin' long. I am NOT happy with myself right now, but I am not ready to make a commitment to eating less/going to the gym yet either.

We arent starting solids until 6 months or so. When he can sit up with assistance, when he loses his tongue-thrust reflex, when he has a pincer grasp, and when he shows more interest in foods. So quite likely around 6 months for sure. He looks at us while we are eating now, but thats the only readiness sign I see at all. And I want his tummy to be fully able to handle food so we will wait. No rush here.

I have a question. Is anyone having problems with their sex drives? I have absolutely NO interest in sex these days. I get plenty of sleep and I am always tired, and I have zero interest in having sex. ::sigh:: Poor DH. Am I the only one? I am wondering what is going on. Its not my thyroid because I had that checked. Anyone have any other suggestions?
MrsLemon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:33 PM   #33
MrsLemon13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Nomes,
were the meds for ppd? I am seeing a therapist for some ppd issues now. But I am wondering if medication would help a bit more. A lot of the things she is telling me to do I already do without improvement. Sorry if that question is too private.
MrsLemon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #34
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLemon13 View Post
Nomes,
were the meds for ppd? I am seeing a therapist for some ppd issues now. But I am wondering if medication would help a bit more. A lot of the things she is telling me to do I already do without improvement. Sorry if that question is too private.

Ciera - I think it was for her ADHD??? Absolutely no sex drive here on any given day. The soloft also lowers sex drive as a side affect - but I think (3 children, 3 and under is what is doing me in).

I'm back on my zoloft for my anxiety (which really helped me with my PPDish feelings). Unfortunately Zoloft makes me relax (and gain weight).

Nomes - So glad you are better!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #35
punkinbaby
Registered Users
Formerly: vegaslibra
seller

My Mood:

No sex drive over here either but I've never had much of one. but on a positive note sex is way better for post Nayeli. I have no idea why but I'll take it.
punkinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #36
swalker97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimblePhish View Post
My medication's first side effect is loss of appetite and weight loss add that to no longer breast feeding and I am 10lbs under what I was when I got pregnant. It didn't fall off instantly which was actually my fear, to rapid of a loss may have forced my doctor to adjust my medication. I feel like my old mind is back (meds are doing an amazing job) and I almost have my old body back. I need to start working out, even just for it's psychological benefits.
What meds are you taking? I'm hoping mine will have the same side effects-except that I hate that I can't try to nurse anymore. I'm taking Concerta and Pristiq. We'll see how they do. The Tranxene helps when I take it, but it makes my anxiety much worse when I don't.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #37
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLemon13 View Post
I have a question. Is anyone having problems with their sex drives? I have absolutely NO interest in sex these days. I get plenty of sleep and I am always tired, and I have zero interest in having sex. ::sigh:: Poor DH. Am I the only one? I am wondering what is going on. Its not my thyroid because I had that checked. Anyone have any other suggestions?
This is exactly me as well. We haven't had sex since Cece was born, much to my husband's consternation. I just can't do it, whether it's that we have no time or that I have other priorities. I just don't care to have it.

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #38
NimblePhish
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies, sorry it was game day today and date night last night. Thank you all for your kind words, without your encouragment I might not have had the guts to even go in to the psychiatrist. I'm on Adderall XR for my ADHD and I see my therapist regularly it's been life changing. I feel, well most days I feel would be better I still have my bad days, like my old self or a whole new person, I've been in a fog for so long it's hard to remember when the skies were really clear.
I am now a huge advocate for psychiatric illness and post pardum depression awareness, it's so important for woman to realize that you are not crazy , you are not alone and there are so many things out there, from medication to therapy that can help so much. When I had PPD with my oldest I had no clue what was going on and I blamed myself for all of it and I really don't remember much of her first year. I'd never want to go through that again or have anyone else have to. I am so glad to see so many of us have taken steps in the right direction and Shannon I am sorry it was such a fight for you. I read some of your posts and see so much of me in them, sorry I never responded. It's hard enough to truly explain how you feel in type, let alone on a phone where I can barely make a readable word.

Shannon, my only problem with Adderall is I do have a tendency to panic when I'm being rushed. It's probably more subconscious then the actual medication (my biggest problem was procrastination) but either way I get very anxious during that time and it can take a while for me to unwind. Also, yes nursing is great, but I will never question my decision to stop so I could get medication that helped. I still bond with my little guy just as much if not more, because now I am happier able to really enjoy him.

Julie, Zoloft did that to me to, but so did kids so it's really hard to see which one was behind it the most.

AFM, DH has been depressed lately and it's been hard to reach out to him, we have good and bad moments or days. I'm trying to get him back to "normal", but it's not been easy. Right now I am trying really hard to not start fights (though it can be difficult) and give him the time he needs to snap back. I know it's a mixture of work stress, our house breaking down on us and still looking like it's been struck by a tornado and the let down as he ran right back into the brick wall of everyday life after a long vacation. Patience is key right now and mine is certainly being tested, but everyday is worth it even the bad one's. We are less then six months out before he leaves for a year.
As for a sex life mine is completely cycle based, it's so funny to be able to observe it. DH got clipped so no birth control pills or gadgets to mess with my bodies natural rhythm and wow it is so funny how those ovulation hormones can take control.

Last edited by NimblePhish; 08-07-2010 at 09:31 PM.
NimblePhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #39
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nomes....hugs to you, mama! It sounds like life is handing you alot of curve balls right now. I'm sorry. Hopefully things start looking up soon though.

Sex drive is a sensitive subject for me. I am the type of wife that feels like its my "duty" to please my husband. However, I just cannot make myself do it like that. I have no desire. Its NOT my husband either, Lord knows I love the man and I find him attractive as all get out! But we've only done it twice since Kalliann was born. My OB told me after I had my first baby that this was normal. Usually between 9-12 months is when I've always started getting my sex drive back after having a baby. Until then, I find other ways to bond with my man!
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #40
swalker97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My SD is all wacky! Of course it is totally gone when I'm having a bad day with my PPD and most of the time I'm just too tired. But sometimes it kicks into high gear, which usually seems to be on the days DH is working a 24. We have a major issue getting our "timing" straight. I have noticed that it has picked up more since I quit the patch and got the IUD. Unfortunately, eliminating the hormonal BC didn't help my depression as much as I was hoping.
I'm beginning to believe that it is actual clinical depression and possibly a bit of BPD mixed in. I started my concerta yesterday. UGH, I hate how it makes me feel the first few days. DH will be home tomorrow, so I'll start the Pristiq then. Anybody else tried that? I still need to get my hormones checked, b/c I know that is part of it. DH says the only time I am happy is when I am pregnant-so it has to be hormonal, right?

So, when is our "reunion cruise"? I'm thinking it would be a fabulous way to celebrate the babies' first birthdays I'm sure I can talk Joshua into delaying his celebration until April, LOL!