Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
NimblePhish
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Beginner, needing guidance

Right now I'm just planning on supplementing as I transition into homeschooling next year for my DD and I'm starting PreK for my ODS now. I need help basically organizing myself so I can show my DH it is possible for me to do this successfully. Also I could use help with age appropriate curriculum, I fear I may go a bit over my kids ability level and just cause problems and frustration.
Any advice would be awesome and resources would be great too.
Thanks
Naomi

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

Re: Beginner, needing guidance

Hmm, I would start with some books that provide an outline of what a child may want to accomplish within a year. The Well Trained Mind is a good one to start out with. I personally like curriculum packages, but not everyone likes that sort of thing. You could look at the books used by some curriculum packages to get some ideas as well.

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #3
mommy2gr8kids78
Fairies and Fireflies~ Add Magic

My Mood:

I started out using www.starfall.com for my kids and making up my own math worksheets and handwriting worksheets. Good luck!

Catholic, Homeschooling, CD'ing, Open to life mama of 4 gifts from God.

mommy2gr8kids78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

try these sites. they offer FREE, simple, easy to follow curriculum, lessons, and games. perfect stuff!
www.progressivephonics.com
www.letteroftheweek.com
www.lessonspathways.com
www.theheadoftheclass.com

also try ixl math (google it...it will come up). it has free practice for a certain amt of problems. after that you have to pay. but i think you get 20 free math problems for practice every day.

also, google Poisson Rouge (Red Fish). This is an AWESOME exploratory game on-line. it has no directions. it just allows the kids to explore and learn through exploration (my fave!!). it's nice to have when you need to do something serious w/an older child, and your younger one needs an educational distraction

GL and don't stress out!! Almost all early learning is through play and every day life!! Just breath and let the day lead you.
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote