Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
CuddlesAndCamo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Bedtime... HELP me!

It all started when Colton's reflux was really bad. I didn't like him to sleep in his crib because I wanted him in our room, in his cradle, elevated. Piece of mind. I was also BFing and it was easier to set him in our bed. He went through a short period where he slept amazing in his own bed. I'd say that lasted 2 weeks.
Now he's 8 months and will not get out of our bed. I don't sleep well when he's in there because I constantly wake up to check on him. Make sure there's no blankets on him and so on.
We've tried having him fall asleep in it then moving him but he wakes up. Also tried putting him in his crib and letting him "cry it out" but that fails.
I don't care to have him in our room and I looked into Arm's Reach but I don't want to waste the money because he won't even sleep in his pack n play.
I need suggestions on either getting him out of the bed and in his own room or just a safer co-sleeping option. PLEASE help!

Advertisement

CuddlesAndCamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
clb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bedtime... HELP me!

If it was me, I would babyproof his room, get a baby gate to put at his door, get rid of the crib and get a full size mattress to put directly on the floor. I would lay down with him until he fell asleep and then leave. This would get him both out of your bed and use to sleeping in his own room.
C- Proud mama to M (4/08). Loving wife to J. Excited about welcoming baby #2 into our APing, BWing, Non-Circing, Selective Vaxing, happy, hippy family in 03/11
clb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You can sidecar his crib and see if that works. Basically you take one of the long sides off completely, and put it against your bed. He has his own space to sleep in, and so do you. It would probably be easier to move him there when he's out, too, because it's right there on the same level as your bed. It's worth a shot! He'll still be in your room, but you won't be out any money if it doesn't work!

Another option is trying out "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley.

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #4
CuddlesAndCamo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas! He's back to sleeping in the pack n play. So glad I didn't spend money on Arm's Reach because this is actually working out just fine for us.
PS Fire In The Disco, I'll definitely check out that book.
CuddlesAndCamo is offline   Reply With Quote