Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:24 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How old to look for something?

Originally Posted by MamaNae View Post
Or at the very least HELP look for something?

I asked DS (5.5) to help me find a library book HE LOST. And he won't do it. He stands in the middle of the room and looks around or puts his fingers up to his eyes to make binoculars I said "James, come on, here is a photo (off the library website) of the book. THIS is what we're looking for. Come help me look." and he says he has to 'think it through' what this means I have no idea.

Is 5.5 too young to look for something? He can read so he could find the title. I even gave him ideas! Check under your bed, under the crib, in your toy box, in Aldria's toy box, under my bed, under the coffee table (I was looking other places) and he just won't do it.

If you read my previous post (which I actually typed because I saw someone elses response before I saw the first thread) this is my 5 yr old! He'll say "Hm, let me check." then stand in the middle of the room and glance around and say "Nope, I don't know where it is."

Or I'll ask him "Do you know where (insert whatever your looking for here)?" and he says "Oh yeah, I do." I said "Ok, where is it?" Then he'll think for a second and say "I don't know."

God bless!

Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote