Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
LillyIvy
Registered Users
seller

PTing- going backwards?

DD hasn't had a diaper on in about 2 months. The last two weeks she REFUSES to tell me when she has to go, tells me no when I ask her, then goes on the floor!! She's still dry through the night though

Any ideas?! Newest LO is due in about a month, and I DON"T want to be cleaning poo off the carpet!!

Advertisement

Old 08-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

Re: PTing- going backwards?

That's where we are. DD has been great since January- we even went on vacations and everything in panties and it was fine. Now all of a sudden there are lots of accidents. I've gone back to the putting her on the toilet every 45-60 minutes or so, and praising her big time when she tells me she has to go on her own. It is slowly getting better.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Honestly, at the point you're at, I wouldn't stress over it. If you still have diapers for her, I would give her the option of undies or diaper and just calmly remind her if she's in undies to go potty. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it and I would try really hard to just let it go if she does have an accident. It is common for kids to regress for no reason (my youngest did last summer for a good month). Also, there is a good chance that your DD will regress with the new baby. Some kids do, some kids don't. It's really a control issue -- testing the boundaries. If you don't play the game, she will probably go back to being clean before too long.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
doreo3
Registered Users

I was seriously coming on here to post the SAME THING. My DS has been 100% in underwear- no accidents- and now BAM! I'm due in 5 weeks and I'm thinking he's wanting attention because I'm so busy, hot, and tired he's not getting as much alone/one on one time. Ugh....... My patience is wearing thin. I'm thinking tomorrow I'm going to just try giving him lots of positive attention, and praise for using the potty, and see if that helps. I don't want to go back to diapers!!! Hugs mama...
doreo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think its a phase to be honest. We started PTing about 2 mos ago maybe 3, we still havent done nights yet but all day she would use the potty and be in undies. The last 2 days she wont say when she has to go and just goes on the floor. Its gross because I had to clean up poop off the floor yesterday. I asked why she didnt tell me and I get NO POTTY!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter has been doing the same thing. She is 2.5 and has been potty trained since 23 months, not worn a single diaper since then, so over 7 months now. She does this every now and then, i think it's a control thing. I just try to ignore it and give her lots of praise when she does the right thing. I don't get it either, because we have literally traveled overseas for 2 weeks when she was barely 2, on a 20 hour flight each way and not had a single accident the entire 2 weeks. Then a few months later it's like she's only newly potty training again. Crazy. I have noticed it seems to be when there's any change in routine, so I would say just keep doing what you're doing. PT is a process, it takes time, and they are only little still.