Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
HELP! Nap time has become a nightmare!!

Okay mamas, I'm in need of advice. My DD is 13 months old and refusing to nap. Here's the story. Up until about 2 weeks ago, she was taking an hour morning nap (around 9am), a 2 hour afternoon nap (from 1-3pm), going to bed at 7:30pm, waking at 7:00am. She started shortening her afternoon nap/being very restless so I figured it might be time to start working down to one nap a day. She completely dropped her morning nap with no trouble. Problem is, now she's trying to drop the afternoon nap too!

Now, she has NO morning nap, and maybe an hour in the afternoon. (bed time is the same). I would be totally okay with this if she was happy, but she cries and lays her head down, rubs her eyes, pulls her ears, and insists on being carried around...all day! She's clearly exhausted and I don't know what to do! I've even tried rocking her to sleep, putting her in the pack and play, and laying her on a floor pallet. Nothing works! Ugh.

I'd be grateful for any advice you mamas can give. I'm at my wits end (and FYI-this is new to me. My 4 year old still takes a 2 hour nap every afternoon). Thanks in advance!

Valerie, wife to Walt and SAHM to Nick (7/06) and Olivia (7/09) and baby Katelyn (8/11) and currently completing our family through adoption!
veveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: HELP! Nap time has become a nightmare!!

When DS stopped wanting to be rocked to sleep we had to lay with him in the bed. GL
Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote