Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #11
BabyLove2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How did you know you were ready for more kiddos?

I had my first daughter and didn't think i would ever want another baby for the fear of not being able to love another child as much as i love her, after 3 years of just having and only wanting her I realized i can't imagine life without my siblings and how nice it is to have nieces and nephews and realized i want her to have that too someday, so we got pregnant and now my 2nd daughter is 9 months and i am really feeling like i want another little baby to love also.

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #12
cupcakesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyLove2 View Post
I had my first daughter and didn't think i would ever want another baby for the fear of not being able to love another child as much as i love her,
Addy is 2.5 and I still feel this way even though DH wants more. I look at people's sigs and see babies close together and feel sad that the little one got cheated...but now my thoughts are changing to "am I cheating Addy out of a brother/sister?"

part of it is working full time too, I hated pumping 3 times a day for a year!
#2 surprise due in Nov 2014
cupcakesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #13
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The bouncing back and forth between yes and no never did stop for me with this one. DH wanted one and I finally just said, "ok! enough already! let's do this!"

With DS I just ached for another one. I would watch DD playing on the floor and just picture another child next to her. I don't know how else to explain it. It was just my heart aching for another.

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #14
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For me....when DS1 was just over a year and a half, DH accidentally threw out my birth control (long story). So we were "being careful" but had a few "oopsies." Then my period was late, by 3 weeks. I thought I was pregnant. At first I was like "Oh no!" But then I got used to the idea and got excited about it. Then AF shows up. I was devistated! I started crying. That's when I realized that I really DID want another one, and we started actively trying.

DS3 was God's little surprise. DH said we were done at 2. But then when DS2 was about a year and a half (LOL), I told DH that I thought I wanted another one..but not right now. That I was just telling him so he could think about it, and we could talk about it in the near future. A few months later I found out I was expecting.

DS3 is about 5 1/2 months old. I keep going back and forth between "Yes I want another one." And, "No, I CANNOT do this again!" LOL Honestly though. I have more "Yes" days than "No, no more" days. The only time I tell myself i don't want more.. is on the rough days.. Teething, or tummy aches, or sleepless nights, I ask myself "Do you REALLY want to go through this again?"

Even if we do have another though, it really will have to wait. My car isn't big enough for another child, and we don't have the money to get another. DH is in school and only working part time, so we need to wait until he finishes school and gets into his career before another baby decision is made!

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!

Last edited by Michelle_M; 08-08-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote