Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2007, 09:22 PM   #11
topazdodge
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My stroller shopping day was a bust!

OK, I got a sit n stand for my baby shower 3 mo ago, and I really like it. It is heavy, and it is a little hard to steer when we're on the side of the street that curves (because it is heavy). We have a 3 1/2 yr old and a 3 mo old. Also, the canopy doesn't cover as much as I would like so I end up using extra blankets on top with clothes pins sometimes.

Have ya'll seen "And to think that I saw it on Mulberry street" by Dr. Seuss? Sometimes I think that's what we look like going out for walks! LOL!!

Anyway, it a great stroller, though. DD loves to be able to get on & off, & I love not having to pick her up to get her in & out, she can be independant and do it herself. I have strapped her in a couple times when she got in trouble and was able to do so securely, so if that's an issue for you I would think it's OK. And most importantly, baby loves to be able to see big sister. Granted sometimes it is hard to pull big sister off baby & out of the car seat (that I have baby in attached to the front, we have a Graco snugride), but it works out well overall.

I don't have a lot of love for the basket underneath, but we seem to have it pretty well packed, so I guess that means it's working. You have to pull the mesh to the side to get things in & out easily, it took me a couple months to realize I didn't have to reach in between the seats on top to fish things out.

All in all, it's a great stroller! And yes, it's kind of big when folded up, but we have a station wagon (the Magnum listed at the bottom- insert cheesy grin here), so we make room for it.

Hope this helps!

Advertisement

Free Crochet Longies Instructions Here
topazdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:42 PM   #12
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Has anyone tried this out.
Graco Quattro Tour Duo Double Stroller
It even fits our carseat a snugride

Last edited by MCR; 05-16-2007 at 09:43 PM.
MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:44 PM   #13
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom has this one and LOVES it. It folds like the Graco Quatro so its a little big for a trunk, but it can still fit depending on what kind of car you have. My mom has a Kia Sorento, so she doesnt have a problem.

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/C...2p.hmedium.jpg

The only thing that she doesnt like is that you cant have an infant in the fron laying or in a carrier and have a child sit in the back, they have to stand.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:32 PM   #14
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianamom*2 View Post
My mom has this one and LOVES it. It folds like the Graco Quatro so its a little big for a trunk, but it can still fit depending on what kind of car you have. My mom has a Kia Sorento, so she doesnt have a problem.

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/C...2p.hmedium.jpg

The only thing that she doesnt like is that you cant have an infant in the fron laying or in a carrier and have a child sit in the back, they have to stand.
LOL Thats a picture of the beer!
Made me giggle.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:24 PM   #15
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
LOL Thats a picture of the beer!
Made me giggle.

OK... that had to be something that my hubby had coppied for something. Sorry that is NOT what it was. lol

Try this, if its the same thing then its the darned link.
http://comfortfirst.com/pm-39023-286...t-n-stand.aspx

AH HA, it works this time... Sorry about that.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:56 AM   #16
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Phil & Ted's when folded fits in the trunk of our PT Cruiser no problem with TONS of space for other stuff.

It's tiny when folded.

It also fits behind the front passenger seat folded in the foot well when we are travelling leaving the whole trunk for other stuff.

I like it because it's a double or a single so as you say when your DD gets older and doesn't want to ride as much you can just use it as a single stroller.

We tried ALL of the double strollers out there when we were looking because we needed something that would fit in our TINY PT Cruiser trunk, we were NOT buying a new car just to fit a stroller.

The Graco is Enormous in our trunk our single Graco Quattro Tour we had for DD took up the WHOLE trunk in our PT.

The only other stroller that fit in our trunk was the Maclaren Twin Techno.

It's small when folded, more like an umbrella.

It's really nice and I "think", not sure, it can take an infant car seat on one side.

http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro/baby...7-Crimson.html

Other ones we tried with no luck of fitting were:

Peg Perego Aria twin (It folds up more like a HUGE box, square)
Graco Quattro Tour double
Evenflo double
Combi twin (this just felt cheap and like it would fall apart I wouldn't trust it for a tiny baby)

The Valco Runabout tri mode with toddler seat would have fit no problem but our babies are so close together DD wouldn't have been able to sit in their toddler seat.

http://www.valcobaby.com/2006/toddler.htm
Old 05-17-2007, 10:21 AM   #17
amjbmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Has anyone tried this out.
Graco Quattro Tour Duo Double Stroller
It even fits our carseat a snugride
I got this stroller in the Milan print
http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/pro...ID=2&subCatID=
another mama on DS had recommended it. I LOVE it!! I think it folds small for a duo stroller maybe because the seats fold in instead of ontop of each other. I do have a minivan and it fits fine in the back. It manuevers great too! I have gotten so many compliments and inquiries about it when I'm out with the boys. Back in '00 when my older 2 dc were 17m and a newborn I had a Graco duo stroller and it was so big and bulky... I think they've come along way with this new style. I purchased mine online since I couldn't find this specific pattern but I think BRU had one in it's store (the Ionic pattern) Good luck in your search!
Old 05-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #18
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They didn't have the Graco quattro in the BRU by us So I'm still looking at it online, there was a lot of pictures on Amazon that are really helpful.
I may just have to get this one.