Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2007, 03:18 AM   #1
Jenb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
For those of you that "dropped", a question...

What does/did it feel like?

I never dropped with any other pregnancy.

I know that baby A is head down, but still floating most of the time, sometimes it feels as if there is so much pressure down there, and sort of a constant crampy, tight feeling. If I move to fast I piss myself-Lovely.

Also, did it ummm make you a little constipated or hard to go?

Advertisement

Jenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:54 AM   #2
momtomaximusandjackson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those of you that "dropped", a question...

When I was pg with Jackson one day at around 5 pm I felt him "slam" down into my pelvis. I had a few contractions but they weren't regular. I was a little constipated for the next 3 days, there was a LOT of pressure and I always had to pee. I had contractions around the same time the next day, but nothing regular again. He was born 3 days later (3 days from the drop) at 36w 6d...7lbs 6oz and 21 1/4 inches long.
momtomaximusandjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:40 AM   #3
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With DJ, it honestly felt like he was falling out. It was actually burning and stretching down there. I tried to tell my OB that but she said that there are all kinds of strange feelings during pregnancy and she was sure it was nothing. (I was only 34 weeks at the time) A couple of days later, my water broke and DJ was born about 4 hours later...after just two pushes...so yeah, he was pretty much falling out! James never dropped...they thought they were going to have to do a C-section because even when I was fully dilated and my water had broken he wasn't coming down. He took 3 pushes My MW was blown away.
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:41 AM   #4
amilynn
Registered Users

i am having twins also due in july, but the dr says they will come early. they have dropped (you can tell just by looking at my belly, it is much lower than before) i also feel alot of pressure down there, have to pee all the time, and feel constipated although i eat tons of fruits and veggies. my last appointment they said i have started to dilate and that the babies head is very low, so i have to take it easy. want them to cook for a little bit longer. good luck to you, you are a wonderful woman to go through all this for another family *)
amilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:52 AM   #5
ChoiceSoaps
Registered Users

I carried ds "EXTREMELY low" my entire pregnancy. My mw and ob couldn't believe it, even in my 2nd trimester. I never felt any movement above my belly button until after ds dropped and his head engaged. Before my appt, I was sure he hadn't because I felt the movement up high. I didn't feel any different at the time. It wasn't until a few days later that I felt a real urgency to urinate so I guess he dropped even more as the week went on.
ChoiceSoaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:41 AM   #6
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:

i don't think i've actually experienced it either...but i think she dropped this morning cuz i'm extremely uncomfortable!
Old 05-17-2007, 08:44 AM   #7
rainbowbrite812
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i've carried all my boys pretty low, but recently i noticed i dropped because of the pelvic pressure and when i bend over to sink to brush my teeth i feel my belly lower on my abdomen

pretty much if you feel like the baby will fall out if you cough or sneeze...your dropping

10% off code for Oliver's Labels, perfect for back to school! use code KBPG0808
rainbowbrite812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:40 PM   #8
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never noticed anything visibly, but I do remember the last couple weeks with my third and feeling like she was just going to fall out. That was just a weird sensation!

For BM . . . difficulties, my MW recommends drinking a plain glass of warm water about an hour after you get up. Supposedly it will stimulate your bowels a little, though it never worked for me. Personally, I found eating a bowl of oatmeal every morning worked really well for regulating and it's great later for supporting your milk supply. If I was really slow, I'd eat an avocado every day, and if I was desperate, I'd eat a handful of dried mango (tastes like candy!) I'd get results within about 8 hours. I never had any results with fiber powders or stool softeners, and I'd rather not take them anyway. I hope you find something that works for you.