Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #21
aubreyaks
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: she told me to just RELAX and let him have Pampers.

That calculator sounds like a great idea! We just moved (2x in 2 weeks because the apt we moved into had nasty mold, but that's another story) so still waiting for real internet. It sucks loading this on my phone lol. Because of the move, I haven't had achance to hook up with LLL or AP groups yet, but I surely will. A friend of mine just lost her job 3 days ago and she and hubby are TTC so we discussed the possibility of her tending DS this school year (which will be my last until DH and I are done having kids, I am going to do the hypnobabies training to become an instructor!)
Honestly, I really like my immediate in-laws. They're awesome, and totally support our choices. The uncle and his fam have never been a plm til now. We think the random attack was a manipulation tactic to keep us from "stealing" their free babysitter. Which is fine. I don't care for that kind of bs in my life. I had to borrow an iphone to defriend crazy lady and her family because my FB app on my phone wouldn't do it, but that's done now! Thanks for the support, mamas!

Advertisement

aubreyaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #22
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by logansmomma07 View Post
Ugh, definitely delete her I deleted ALL of my IL's except my FIL. I no longer speak to them because I was sick of their comments and drama. My life is so much more peaceful...
I so wish that would fly for me. Instead I started a blog and talk very vocally and passionately about my dirty hippie ways and then I link it to my Facebook.

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:31 PM   #23
logansmomma07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire In The Disco View Post
I so wish that would fly for me. Instead I started a blog and talk very vocally and passionately about my dirty hippie ways and then I link it to my Facebook.
LOL!!!! I did that too!!! I got lots of nasty emails, well, my husband did, and they were all about what a terrible person I am. Actually, my breaking point was when they totally FLIPPED because I asked everyone to take pictures of my children off their Facebooks/Myspaces. Apparently, that meant I was keeping them away from her grandchildren and shutting them out of our lives

Now, my DH gets these emails every so often about how he/we don't love her and she just wants to be Nana, she can't understand why I am so mean to her, why I hate her, yada yada yada. She did the SAME thing when my DH was deployed to Iraq 3 months into our marriage and during a very difficult pregnancy. They attacked me because I didn't call them enough- these people I had met ONCE. I was keeping her son from her, not telling her anything, etc. SO, this time I decided enough was enough. Can't take all the mind games and manipulation.
Sorry, that was way OT.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #24
Kama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I really like her emphasis on the word let, as if having pampers is a privilege lol.

I wouldn't sweat her opinions, if your uncomfortable with the child care situation find a different one, it is not worth drama or stress arising from it in the future and right now is the time you have to find a different situation.
Kama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:43 AM   #25
aubreyaks
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah, I don't really give a crap what others think about my parenting choices and I don't think that this woman really does give a crap, I think she was just being a manipulative, vindictive jerk and decided to take it out on me. She was supposed to be moving out of state, but her ex hubby is fighting her for custody, hence the reason she's still here. Why some people resort to such tactics is beyond me. After talking with some family members,I learned she has some other issues with me and DH I was unaware of. They're too complicated to bother trying to explain here, so suffice it to say that she was trying to rile a response out of me in order to accomplish an agenda. She knows I won't put DS in an unsafe situation (physically or emotionally), so in that respect, she has won. Who suffers here really though? Not me, but DS and GMIL are losing a rare opportunity to build a relationship. So yes, I am sad about that.
On a lighter note MIL reassured me that the woman's opinion were hers alone and that she personally loves seeing how loved DS is and that I take the time to make the special adjustments in our lifestyle to assure that he grows up CDed, BFed, held, snuggled etc. I would do it anyway, but I feel so blessed that she's supportive. Too bad there's always got to be a rotten apple somewhere in the family tree, right?
Old 08-08-2010, 03:15 AM   #26
smilyme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There is a website called sittercity that allows you to do background checks. That might be a good place to look.
smilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #27
aubreyaks
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just an update: I put out as many feelers as I could for sitters. I made a Care.com account and NOBODY had even heard of AP except for one Mama whose schedule doesn't fit with mine. GRRRRR. What I have found is PLENTY of people who are eager to take my $, but who don't seem to give a rat's behind about my BABY. It makes me kinda sick. I am a teacher, I definitely do not do it for the money, so I don't have a lot of money to offer in the first place. The majority of people I have interviewed are more than happy to take my money "until they find something better" (yes they have actually said that to me), or they are Mamas who want to stay home with their own child and they think that babysitting is going to bring them the money they need to do that. I don't think there is anything wrong with that per se, probably many of us do that, but I think it is very wrong to accept another person's precious child just as a way to make ends meet, knowing full well that you will not be able to give that baby the attention he/she deserves. I have found two possible sitters and I am going to interview them today. Wish me luck!
Old 08-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #28
laur318
Registered Users
seller

care.com does backround check and on both sittercity and care i list that i do AP and respect all parenting choices to a T - try to mesh my caregiving style wish their guidelines. it's the parents choice how the child is disciplined but i wont do something i find abusive. slapping is not cool with me.
Motherhood is the most important profession in the world.
laur318 is offline   Reply With Quote