Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #11
Hcm1940
Registered Users

Re: What age did your lo's stop napping?

I feel your pain mama! My 32 mo dd has been a night owl her whole life, never going to bed until 10! She'd get up at 8, nap at 1 for two hrs, and then go to bed at ten. No amount of adjusting or changing ever got her bed time earlier....until this past month. For some reason she has changed, getting sleepy at 8, and so now I have her to bed at 8:30 and asleep before 9. It just happened out of the blue, no coaching. Within reason, I think kids have their own schedule, and we fine tune according to their needs and change it when it needs it. Does she ever yawn or rub her eyes at all in the evening? If she does try that new bed time. She might fight it for a bit but then might fall into a new schedule. I hated staying awake that long for my dd to go to bed!

Advertisement

Hcm1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #12
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

ODS is 2 (in a couple weeks) and he gets up at 8am, naps from 2-5 (not always does he actually sleep) and then goes to bed at 10. We put him in bed at 8:30-9 but he sits there awake until 10 simply because he's in our room and we watch tv. We're living with my parents right now while we remodel so it's hard. Before when he had his own room he went to bed at 8:30 and slept. SO... I'm thinking of upping his nap from 1-4 and bedtime at 8:30 and moving him in with his baby brother so they both go right to bed.

I still need him to nap during the day. He gets a little out of hand you could say if he gets over tired. If he would sit on the couch and be quiet and rest I wouldn't mind it, but he won't.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #13
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ds ( 3 in Oct) still naps but not everyday. We do a quiet time around 2-3pm so if he wants to nap he can. Or we try to plan far outings around that time so he can nap in the car.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:41 PM   #14
redneckmama
Registered Users
Formerly: lilybugsmomma
seller

My Mood:

DD1 stopped napping consistently when we moved her to a twin bed at 21 months. She still took the occassional nap until about 2.5 or so but we always had the same problem you're having now. Once she stopped napping her bedtime went from 9:30-10 to around 8:00.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #15
clothforyourangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS1 went down to one nap per day around 1 year old and gave up naps completely just after 2 years old. He sleeps a solid 11-13 hours at night though. He will, on very rare occasion, still fall asleep for a nap in the car if he's had a REALLY busy day. He's a super active kid, so it has to be REALLY REALLY busy and active for that to happen. DS2 still naps about 1/3 of the time or so. If he does nap, we run into the same late night issues that you have. If he doesn't nap, he's really crabby by 7-8pm but goes to bed easier. It's really tough in the in-between period where they sometimes need a nap and sometimes don't. Try adding in some extra active periods to wear them out when needed (playground, dance around the house, swimming pool, etc.)