Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #11
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you use for potty training at night time?

We just use diapers. My son will be 4 next month and I put a diaper on him at night.

Advertisement

Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #12
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's either full-on diapers or naked. Trainers are NOT meant to hold an overnight waterfall from an older kid. I think there are SuperUndies made for nighttime that look like undies/trainers but they're $30.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #13
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

We just let him sleep in his undies. I get him up to pee at 10 and usually again sometime in the night if I hear him squirming around. And I layer his bed, so that I can just rip off a layer if he wets in the night. He's getting better and better, and we've been training for about 6 weeks now. He's pretty much accident free during the day.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #14
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

oh...but my girlfriend puts her daughter in imse vimse trainers (non waterproof) with a fleece cover and that works for her. You could try that.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #15
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitchell98 View Post
oh...but my girlfriend puts her daughter in imse vimse trainers (non waterproof) with a fleece cover and that works for her. You could try that.
As someone with a heavy wetter who's not night trained--no, that would not work for nighttime on a heavy wetter. Not even close.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #16
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
As someone with a heavy wetter who's not night trained--no, that would not work for nighttime on a heavy wetter. Not even close.
She got to be a very heavy wetter when she got older. We did fitteds with fleece over and had massive issues soaking though. Right now I have put the pull ups on then a trainer with water poof cover over it. Seems to work and Im going to not try night time yet we dont even have daytime down! She had 3 accidents already today alone!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #17
stina_t
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been using a tri folded prefold (so she feels the wetness) and a flip cover that I snap the thigh snaps before putting it on her so she steps into it like underware, then I snap the waist snaps once it's on her. I think for her it helps that I'm not laying her down to put it on like I did for "real" diapers. It holds a lot of pee.