Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
please just pray for us

i never thought i'd be HERE, but i guess this is life and sometimes we just have to ask for prayers. however, i'm too embarrassed to ask my own mother, because i know that means she'll freak out and send a check our way.

we have less than $2,000 to our name right now. DH gets paid tonight, but it's so scary to know there's only about $50 in checking, and I don't even know how much in our savings (which is probably a good thing, because if I knew, I'd probably be crying hysterically...)

i don't know where the money went this month. with our down payment on the house, i know we drained a LOT. there have been odds and ends costs, here and there.. and now, well, there's just nothing really left.

we still haven't bought DD a new crib since we returned her recalled one, since we can't even afford that. i feel so bad. my daughter is one on sunday, and she's been without a crib for two months.

we just really need prayers. i don't know if i'm looking for a miracle or what. yesterday at mass, i dumped out all the change in my wallet (we don't carry cash) in hopes that maybe God would just see it the same way it was for the woman in the temple who put all she had (those three coins) into the offerings. god, are you listening?

Nicole, mom behind Napping House Yarns, wife to C - mother to Grace and Isaiah
Expecting a sweet little BOY on September 17th, 2012

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: please just pray for us

Saying lots of for you and your family mama! Just remember if God brings you to it, he'll bring you through it! I know that when I'm stressed, I read my bible and brings me a peace that I can't explain. Lean on God for strength and remember that God is always listening even when we think he isn't. b/c I know how scary it can be.
Sarah Wife to Patrick,Mama to DD #1 12/14/2001,DD #2 08/04/2003,DD #3 12/28/2008, and DD #4 October 10,2010
Dean7698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

He has a reason for everything, as hard as that is to hear. But He will also take care of you and provide for you. Praying for you mama!
amomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Can you get the kit or the trade-in for the recalled crib?
~Faith, knitting LDS mama to a halfling rogue, gnome barbarian, and goliath cleric
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote