Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #11
BabyD'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pics of shared baby-toddler rooms?

Curious to see more pics too! DD is currently in our room, but she will move into her own room (already set up) hopefully by Dec. New LO will arrive in Jan when DD is 18.5 months old. New LO (unsure of gender, but should find out Monday) will be in our room for probably the first year, but after that the 2 will probably end up sharing a room. If it's a girl it will be pretty easy for me to make a shared room, but if we are having a boy then DD's super pink girl room is going to need an overhaul to make it gender neutral!

Advertisement

Old 08-17-2010, 11:00 PM   #12
redneckmama
Registered Users
Formerly: lilybugsmomma
seller

My Mood:

Our girls are 1 1/2 and 3 1/2.
I'm still need to re-paint the dresser, but it was free so I'm not to worried about it!

*The crib was a double drop side that of course was part of the recalls which is why both sides have been taken off and we are now using it as a toddler bed*
Old 08-17-2010, 11:22 PM   #13
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckmama View Post
*The crib was a double drop side that of course was part of the recalls which is why both sides have been taken off and we are now using it as a toddler bed*
Some of the ones that had a dropside recall but okay'ed as toddler beds were recalled again because of the mattress supports breaking...not sure if yours is one of those, but you might want to check...it looks pretty similar to one of our cribs that we had to return
Old 08-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #14
raelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I dont have pics ATM, but my 3yo DS and 17mo DD share a SMALL room. It's 9x10' and between where the window, heat vent and closet are, there are 2 walls that are too small for beds.

I can describe it easily. The door is at the bottom-right of the room (if the room were turned vertical like a floorplan lol). The right side wall is a dresser and closet door. Top wall is the window, heat vent and a small book case. left side wall is DS's bed (pushed up into the corner). bottom wall has DD's crib on it (pushed into the bottom left corner).

The room is so small I would have to take 3 photos from different angles to actually get everything into it. We've got our place for sale, the market is just so slow right now, and when we moved into this 3bdrm place, we only had 1 child and had no idea we would outgrow it so fast lol.

I've earned $75 with Swagbucks AND I've lost 108.8lbs ISO MM Poppies
raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:38 AM   #15
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

I just wanted to say that we have that toy shelf thing too with the buckets on the rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomgoat View Post
We have two rooms for the two girls. They sleep in one and play in the other. The frogs are in the bedroom and the flowers are in the playroom. Our girls are 18 mos and 3yo.

We're considering moving DS into DD's room at some point, just not sure when or how we'll maneuver it. DS's clothes are already being stored in DD's extra dresser (her bedroom suite came with 2 dressers, her bed and night stand, and she only uses one dresser) but his crib is in our room. I haven't decided WHEN we are going to move his crib into her room... I'm thinking he'll be at least 6 months old, which will make her 3 years old. I need him to be sleeping through the night consistently before I consider it... and he's waking up around 5am right now, which is too early IMO to be sharing with DD and waking her up, or her waking him up when she wakes up in the morning and he's still sleeping (he goes back to bed after his 5am feeding)
Old 08-18-2010, 07:02 AM   #16
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
I dont have pics ATM, but my 3yo DS and 17mo DD share a SMALL room. It's 9x10' and between where the window, heat vent and closet are, there are 2 walls that are too small for beds.

I can describe it easily. The door is at the bottom-right of the room (if the room were turned vertical like a floorplan lol). The right side wall is a dresser and closet door. Top wall is the window, heat vent and a small book case. left side wall is DS's bed (pushed up into the corner). bottom wall has DD's crib on it (pushed into the bottom left corner).

The room is so small I would have to take 3 photos from different angles to actually get everything into it. We've got our place for sale, the market is just so slow right now, and when we moved into this 3bdrm place, we only had 1 child and had no idea we would outgrow it so fast lol.
That sounds almost exactly how my girls room is and its also 9x10. Door on bottom right - crib on bottom left. At the end of the crib starts the alcove that we use as a closet (just the angles portion of the ceiling sectioned off), then the next wall has a window, then the next wall has another window, with a dormer (so the alcove the window sits in is about 4'x4')...kates toddler bed is in this dormer area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katesmash View Post
I just wanted to say that we have that toy shelf thing too with the buckets on the rods

We're considering moving DS into DD's room at some point, just not sure when or how we'll maneuver it. DS's clothes are already being stored in DD's extra dresser (her bedroom suite came with 2 dressers, her bed and night stand, and she only uses one dresser) but his crib is in our room. I haven't decided WHEN we are going to move his crib into her room... I'm thinking he'll be at least 6 months old, which will make her 3 years old. I need him to be sleeping through the night consistently before I consider it... and he's waking up around 5am right now, which is too early IMO to be sharing with DD and waking her up, or her waking him up when she wakes up in the morning and he's still sleeping (he goes back to bed after his 5am feeding)
We have that organizer too, and I hate them. they never seem to get used, lol.

I was worried about the kids waking each other up too when I moved them in together, but after about a week they started sleeping through each other getting up. Now kara goes to sleep at 6pm, kate at 7:15..kate doesnt wake kara up. they both get up at least 1x a night, and rarely wake the other up. Kate gets up for good at 6, and when she gets up I feed kara then lay her back down and she sleeps until 9.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:14 AM   #17
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We're lucky that we have a room that is able to JUST be their toys (we have a 3.5 bedroom house but the 3rd bedroom is upstairs and we can't get the boxspring for our king bed up there so we all sleep downstairs, I won't have my kids on a different floor than me)

This is 3 in one room

Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:00 AM   #18
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD's crib on one side, LO's pnp on the other.

Now we need to decorate the walls! Any good ideas?

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #19
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nceveritt View Post

I LOVE that crib!!!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 01:23 PM   #20
youngmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nceveritt View Post

You should do some polka dots -I just ordered over 260 for DS's room off of etsy.com for under $20. You could pull colors from the pnp and the crib sheets.

I am subbing....hoping to ttc this winter and we're in a SMALL 2 bedroom house with no option to move
We love cloth diapers , but I am a non-crunchy mommy.#3 due in Oct
youngmomma is offline   Reply With Quote