Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #11
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: NO COOKIES BEFORE BED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
This is Tharen too. My favorite is "I can't finish my dinner, I'm too full. Can I have a snack?" When he says "snack" he means sweets. I don't mind if it is something like Teddy Grahams and he has finished his dinner but I won't let him have cookies or candy all the time like he thinks he should. If you aren't hungry enough to eat your dinner you aren't hungry enough to need a "snack". His other is "I don't want to eat, just drink." I keep telling him he can have water if he wants it but no more milk. He would drink milk all day long and eat practically nothing if I let him. He will usually settle for yogurt but he can really only have two yogurts at most a day because he doesn't handle cow's milk proteins well. It is easier on him if it is in yogurt form but we still have to be careful or it hurts his stomach.
Totally ot but we have the cow protein issue too, if you do goat yogurt and milk that usually doesn't bother them because it is a smaller protein and it is easier on their systems. It is more expensive than cow products, but higher in fat so they need less anyways.

Advertisement

Old 08-24-2010, 04:39 AM   #12
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

If DD sees *anything* that looks like a cookie, she asks for one. Even wheat thins will set her off. She's only 19-mos so I'm not sure my explanation works for her. But its so sad and cute to see her signing 'please cookie' over and over. But do you think I feel guilty when she goes to bed and I eat 6 cookies? Nope!
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:07 AM   #13
CrazedChris
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine always try to get snacks after brushing their teeth for bed.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:02 AM   #14
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD had gummy worms before bed last night BUT she was in the hospital and mama felt bad for her. I don't do sweets often with her either unless they are organic crackers or cookies and that's not very often. But she loves gummys so I figured she deserved them being in the hospital for 3 nights.