Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
How much did you lo grow after 3?

I just remembered that we never added dd height to the growth chart in the nursery tonight. Well after adding her height, ds wanted to stand next to it too. I noticed that he really did not grow in the past year. Maybe a couple centimeters, but not a huge jump like in the past. Is this normal? I'm sure growth slows down at some point, but I didn't expect it to be so drastic. He turns 4 in October and the mark on the chart was put there last October. He also didn't gain much weight, but that's always been a challenge with him. Is this something that I should bring up with the pedi?

Thanks for reading my rambling. I appreciate any advice.

wife to josh, mommy to ds(10/24/06), dd (7/25/09), ds2 (4/30/11) & dd2 (7/09/13)
moobiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: How much did you lo grow after 3?

My oldest will be 4 in October also and this has been her biggest growth year but she really was at a standstill from a year to 3 years. She was way smaller than all the other kids her age up until just a few months ago (she was about the size of an average to short 2 year old) but now at 4 she is still smaller than most of the kids her age but not as much as she used to be
Awesome Heartsy Deals today! Get $5 credit for signing up and take advantage. Soaps, cookies and baby hats are all feature deals today!
Greenbabybottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: How much did you lo grow after 3?

From 3/08 (2 months before his 3rd birthday) to 3/09 (2 months before his 4th birthday), DS grew about 3.5 inches. It's most likely nothing, but if you are worried, go ahead and bring it up with the ped.

My nephew is a slow grower and in the past the ped has set 'goals' for his growth. Meaning after one or two years of not growing very much, he told my sis that he needed to grow so many inches by the next appt or else they would do testing. My nephew just made it. The ped said that most likely he will have a growth spurt later in life and not to worry about it for now.
After struggling with PCOS, IF, and multiple miscarriages, my family is complete.
DS 2005 and DD 2007
jac1976 is offline   Reply With Quote