Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
what carrier for 7-month-old?

I'm starting to babysit a 7-month-old boy, 3 days a week starting tomorrow. I want to use a carrier of some kind. I used my ring sling with my other babies, but right now I'm 24 weeks pregnant. Which carrier and position would be best for a 7-month-old and a pregnant belly? He is actually a very small baby and he does not sit up on his own yet if that makes a difference. I like the hip carry in my ring sling for older babies when I'm not pregnant. Maybe I just need to play around and see what works best.

mom of 4
mommybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: what carrier for 7-month-old?

Hmm, because you're pregnant, I say using a wrap or SSC for a back carry might be the best way!
* * * * Aimee, wife to Chris * * * *
* * * * Mama to Cecilia Ivy, born April 6, 2010!* * * *

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I love my Beco 4th Generation (only available used right now) and my BabyHawk Oh Snap because the waistband is very adjustable.
Middle school teacher by day, super mom by night
Mommy to The Boss~2007, The Energizer Bunny~2009, and The Princess~2011
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #4
Registered Users

When I was pregnant with DD2 I would wear DD1 (who was 17 months when DD2 was born) in a hip carry in my ring sling - you figure out how to position it around your belly! I also loved my mei tie for a back carry. I couldn't wear a SSC from early pregnancy on - I couldn't get it low enough on my belly. The mei tie worked great because I could tie it down on my hips, and then DD1 would just ride lower on my back. It is definitely doable - you'll just have to play around a bit to find what works for you and him - he might be more the wild card if he's never been worn before - a back carry might take some getting used to for him. HTH.
stacy_smile is offline   Reply With Quote