Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
sbdf13
Registered Users
seller

tell me its going to be okay

DS is 4 months and I go back to work monday nooooo.
Its only going to be for 4 hours a week right now, but still. tell me it will be okay. I'm so afraid something will happen to him. Hubby will be watching him at my moms house since she lives 5 mins from my work and we live 45mins away. What if I miss his first word? what if he gets hurt? what if daddy doesn't change his wet diaper right away? What if he forgets who I am? Ok its 4 hours he wont forget me. Daddy is even going to bring him to me on my 15 min break. Why am I freaking out so much?

Advertisement

sbdf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: tell me its going to be okay

leaving the baby to go back to work can be scary, but you both will do great.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It'll be ok! I just went back to work last Monday (except full-time - 40 hours/week ) and we're surviving. I hope it goes ok for you!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

THIS is the reason I quit my job! LOL.

I couldn't do it! (Well, okay on top of the daycare expenses )

All I can say is it will be okay! I have two boys ages 2 and 8mo and I JUST now this last week went back to work part time and I'm loving it! I've been home with them every day from day 1, minus a few trips to the grocery store and recently a weekend getaway), but it's so nice to hangout with adults and I've noticed the change in my attitude when I come home to them! Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

ETA: it's good for DH and baby to bond too! And daddys love their children just as much as you do so I highly doubt anything will happen to him! Although I know your fear! ha! I came home the other day and DH was watching Judge Judy and my 2yo was laying on the floor on top of his brother wrestling! I said "um, honey he's on the baby"... DH response... "they've been doing it all night, their fine". Ugh! Sometimes I tell ya!

Last edited by Crew&West; 08-24-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Crew&West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
BabyBelles
Registered Users

I just got home from my first day back. I'm very teary, but I made it. I don't want to go tomorrow, or ever again, but I will and I know my little one will be with her Father during the day and in amazing hands.

.... I still worry he won't change her enough, and that she'll miss me too much and that my heart may break, but I'm holding out for it to not hurt so much, I know I can get through this, look at all the other amazing Moms who have!
BabyBelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
mookie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I started working pt when my first was the same age and it was hard at first and being a control freak I had to cope with the fact that dh is perfectly capable even if he doesn't do everything exactly like me. The only mistake he made was deciding ds needed his first hair cut (it was at that patchy falling out stage after being born with a full head of hair) and used the clippers on him. Safety wise everything was fine and he did a good job and fished the hair out of the garbage before I got home thinking I might want to save it. He was so proud until I took one look at my little guy and started bawling. oops.
mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:38 AM   #7
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Everything will be just fine, and it's great that the baby will be with his daddy.

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote