Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #1191
TettymuhBear
Registered Users

Re: Oklahoma Mamas, check in here!!

Hi everyone!! I'm in Norman...been here for a little over a year now. I'm from OKC, so I'm still up there quite a bit...& I lived in Shawnee for a few years (DH & I still go back from time to time kuz that's where his family is).

I JUST found this, but 119--make that 120--PAGES!!?!?!?? Where are you ladies hiding out because i've never seen any of you IRL!! lol

I want local, real life CDing friends!! ...feel free to email me! (i'm too new to PM right now).

Advertisement

TettymuhBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #1192
scruffypuppy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi! Trust me, we are here! We've started hanging out via facebook more often than here at DS. There will be a playgroup this next week up in NW OKC if your interested in coming. One of our mama's lives in Norman herself. We still haven't officially decided whether to do it Sat or Sun yet but I can let you know if you are interested in coming.
scruffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:30 AM   #1193
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboytitan View Post
My husband and I currently live in houston - but we are debating moving to NE OK - Pryor/Claremore area. I'm thinking about opening a cloth diaper store in the area. I need to research and see if any are around that area.

I plan on doing the CDing, as well as baby re-sale; and also maternity wear.
There are not any that I know of. I know there is one in Siloam Springs, Arkansas and that is the closest one I know of to the Pryor area. Let me know if you do and I will stop in for sure!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #1194
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl View Post
What part of Tulsa are you in, Liz? We're in Owasso! I've found the Owasso mommies club, but that seems to be about it...?
We play baseball at the Owasso complex sometimes.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:33 AM   #1195
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeshkasheeba View Post
Hey mamas, we are trying to organize a nurse-in at Big Splash Water park due to their discrimination issues, some time soon. I would like to have as many participate as possible. If you are interested please PM me so I can get an idea of numbers. I think we are looking at Friday or Saturday afternoon. If you so not have a Big Splash pass you would have to pay admission so they cannot say we are loitering, but there are some coupons out there to make it slightly cheaper. Please let me know, we could use all the help we can get.
I wish I had seen this before I would have been there!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #1196
epilgrim
Registered Users

Hello! I've been on diaperswappers for awhile but didn't realize there was an OK group here until someone mentioned it yesterday to me at JBF. I'm Liz. I live in SW OKC and have 2 DDs. Ella is 5 and Paige is 14 months. Last November I opened Oklahoma City's first cloth diaper store with a good friend. We are located in NW OKC and have somewhat unconventional hours as we both work full-time at other jobs. We are open nights and weekends and also have an internet store: TheChangingTableOK(dot)com Since we have limited B&M hours, we also meet up with people around the City to make deliveries and hold most of our cloth diaper classes on weekends and in the evenings, as well. I think the greatest thing we offer is a newborn rental program and cloth diaper trial program for families who are unsure about cloth or who just want to try a lot of different brands before making a financial commitment. We are also doing a lot of giveaways on our facebook page as we approach our one year anniversary, so we'd love for you to "Like" us for a chance to win some fluff. - okay - that's my spam for the day

For the woman moving to Pryor - that's where I grew up and where all my family still lives. I don't think there is a CD store anywhere in the area. I'll ask my mom if she knows, but I think she would have mentioned it to me. There is a store in Tulsa, but that's about 30 minutes from Claremore and 50 minutes from Pryor.

I would definitely love to meet some other like-minded mommas in the area and would be up for weekend playdates!
epilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:50 PM   #1197
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You grew up in Pryor???? So did I

I graduated in '96.

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #1198
epilgrim
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboytitan View Post
You grew up in Pryor???? So did I

I graduated in '96.
I graduated in 1991! I'm Elizabeth Pickett. You probably knew or knew of (small town, you know) my brothers Jason and Seth. I'm guessing they graduated in '95 and '97, respectively. Were you saying that you are moving back there?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #1199
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was Emily Best (still am Emily; just not Best anymore) - my brothers are Nathan & Carl - they graduated with your respective brothers.

I'm afraid I may be losing my job soon; and we are thinking about moving back to Pryor.

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:21 AM   #1200
epilgrim
Registered Users

Sorry about your job, Emily. I think Pryor is a good place to raise kids, though. I wanted out of there so badly when I was 18, but now I can really appreciate the benefits of a small town.