Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2010, 11:56 AM   #11
hoffy613
Banned

Re: Need encourgement

thank you everyone!!!! If only i could put him down for naps w/o waking him up

Advertisement

hoffy613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:29 PM   #12
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire In The Disco View Post
Babies are supposed to double their birth weight by 6 months. I would say you're doing GREAT, mama!

Really, almost doubling his birthweight by 2 months?! That's so good! Many mamas would LOVE to be in your position I bet he's completely doubled by 3mo!

Keep on doing what you're doing, cause you're doing it right for sure!!!!

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #13
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffy613 View Post
thank you everyone!!!! If only i could put him down for naps w/o waking him up
DS was like that. 2 options: 1. get a nice carrier and let him sleep on you while you do other stuff. 2. Get a swing/bouncer (some babies prefer one or the other, DS preferred swing) and put him in that for naps.

DS didn't like carriers, so he went into the swing. I probably should have tried other carriers, but hey, that's what #2 is for

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
Old 08-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #14
hoffy613
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzbear View Post
DS was like that. 2 options: 1. get a nice carrier and let him sleep on you while you do other stuff. 2. Get a swing/bouncer (some babies prefer one or the other, DS preferred swing) and put him in that for naps.

DS didn't like carriers, so he went into the swing. I probably should have tried other carriers, but hey, that's what #2 is for
did you have problems getting them to sleep in a crib?
hoffy613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #15
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffy613 View Post
did you have problems getting them to sleep in a crib?
At bedtime? That's why we started co-sleeping. Every night was wake up to baby cries, nurse, change diaper, nurse again, baby falls asleep, put baby down, baby cries, burp, nurse again, sit in chair with baby still attached for a solid 25 minutes, put baby down, sleep for 30 minutes, repeat. I couldn't take any more nights of 2-3h total of sleep.

Once I learned how to nurse lying down, I would pick him up when he cried, bring him into bed, nurse lying down, doze off, wake up, put him back in crib. (I did look up and make sure our bed was safe for him to sleep in, too - no blankets or pillows, and his crib was sidecarred so he wouldn't roll off.)

Eventually gave up on putting him back into the crib. Then also eventually gave up on putting him down in the crib to begin with.

We're now back to putting him in the crib (toddler bed) for bedtime, and he comes in at around 3AM to snuggle.

We also transitioned him from the swing to his crib for naps at around 6mo (when he started sitting up in the swing) which was a pain, but at least by then I was getting full nights of sleep so it wasn't too terrible on me.