Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2010, 10:04 PM   #11
nalazimbala
Registered Users
seller

Re: Non-vaxed asthmatics....question

DD and it looks like DS both seem to get asthma symptoms whenever they get any kind of cold type illness (DH & I both have asthma). DD was in the hospital when she was 15 months with pneumonia a few days after we thought her cold was getting better. It seems any time she gets a cold it always turns into bronchiolitis (sp?) and she has to end up getting breathing treatments. But no, we don't vax. As others have said, there is no vaccination against the common cold and that is what triggers her response. One thing we recently started was giving them elderberry syrup. If you haven't heard of it, google it. I can't say for sure that it mattered, but when DD and DS started to get a cold this summer, I started giving them 2 doses a day and we didn't have to take either of them to the doctor or use the inhaler on them! This was a first for DD. If you buy the stuff from the pharmacy it is crazy expensive to take daily, but it's pretty easy to make it yourself.

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2010, 08:20 AM   #12
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Re: Non-vaxed asthmatics....question

Anna, try pm'ing Maureen73 about the asthma with illness triggers. Her daughter Hannah has severe asthma. I'm sure you know that her son was badly burned in a campfire accident so she may be a little slow in response because she's dealing with his recovery but she's really really sweet and I think she may be able to help you. I don't know Hannah's vaccine status but I know that Maureen does a combination of natural healing with elderberry syrup and vit c and zinc and mainstream maintenance meds. She may be able to weigh in on her thoughts regarding this and give you another point of view.

you already know my thoughts.