Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-16-2006, 08:50 PM   #41
Registered Users
Re: Boys and hair length, what do you do?

The stepmom thing is a sticky situation, my husband is my oldest's stepdad, but thankfully we've been together since before he turned 2, so it's not as big of an issue. It sounds like you are handling it very well!

Quisalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:02 PM   #42
Registered Users
My Mood:

Carson, sounds like you have it all worked out! I'm glad you were able to come to a compromise that works for your family! & Thanks for starting this fun thread! You're inspired me to change my avitar also!! Thanks!!

Mamas, I have to say that I just loved looking at all the darling pics of these cutie pie boys!! I think boys are cute with long hair also!! With our son, sometimes I don't correct people, (if I think it will hurt their feelings), or I correct gently, saying it's ok, we don't mind the mistake... but for the most part people know he's a boy!!

& Crystal, I'm so sorry you had to go through those haircut experiences with your ds's & ex & mil... when a stylist didn't listen to my directions & cut all my little buddy's hair off it made me so sad for days when I'd wake up in the morning to his short hair...
Jennifer, mommy to zander, 5/30/04 & maddie, 7/8/07 & lizzie 10/01/09
born at home, breastfed, cloth diapered, co-sleeping, gently disciplined & loved
Cleaning out the closets! New Cloth Wipes & Embroidered Shirts $6/dozen & /shirt!

Last edited by mommy2zander; 06-17-2006 at 10:05 PM.
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:28 AM   #43
Registered Users
My Mood:

well, shaggy/skate style is all the rage here. My oldest son has thick hair thats almost black in the winter but highlights FAST in summer to a coppery color with gold streaks. So I was happy when he wanted it a bit longer. DS#2 is 3 and just got trimmed, but not too much, his is pretty typical toddler/preschool boy cut. My youngest is almost 17 months. I love his curls and know that when they are cut they'll be gone forever (my DD had those curls and her first trim was the end on them ) but DH is desperate to shave his head.

DS#2 just before the cut,

DS#3 backside w/ curls

side view

and lastly, DS#1
Kim, mom of 5
geckoed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 08:10 AM   #44
Registered Users
My Mood:

Very cute kiddos everyone! Some of these boys hairdos aren't bad either...what I was dreading was that in your face, sticking all over and long, shaggy-do hair, kwim? I can see why some of you mom's would like to keep it longer, some of those little fellas have great looking full hair! At least it lays down nicely! lol Even the mohawk is cute. I was thinking while reading these posts that I'd almost rather have a funky mohawk than a shaggy-do head running around. Must be the closet "punk" in me. (Marriage and motherhood forced me out of my all-black-wearing/gotta be different days of my mid-late 20's into a more conservative way of life....bummer)
Carson ~~ Wifey to Sam, Mom to a blend of 8 crazy kids!
WAHMama taking a break for pre-nursing school!
~ Gallery ~ Blog ~
ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:10 AM   #45
Registered Users
My Mood:

I want so badly to grow my sons hair out but his head is so large once it is in the in between stage it is too mcuh for me to bear my child looking scragly and ungroomed so i usually go like a year with no cut then I force a cut and I always regret it everytime and start the regrowth process..although this last time I realized it would be best all around to keep it shorter since he looks best this way...he says he wants to grow it out too but its just because he hates haircuts and when it is cut he LOVES the way he looks he gets so happy when he sees how handsome he is with a short spiked hair-do...but if he realllllly wanted to grow it long I would let him...I have gone 2 years without cutting it with him and then even he wanted to cut it...and he is only 7...he does havea strange interest in how he looks though...always looking at himself in the mirror and stuff...
Wife to Neil Married 7/2/06 Mama to Taiven age 11, Skye 2 Sawyer Riley 5/28/08
TaivensMama is offline   Reply With Quote