Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2010, 08:29 AM   #1201
epilgrim
Registered Users

Re: Oklahoma Mamas, check in here!!

Ladies, my friend Piper, the Babywearing Doula, is raising money for Babywearing certification training. If you live in OKC, you have likely heard of Piper. She teaches baby wearing classes and makes slings and carriers. She is awesome, and I highly recommend her classes to everyone. It would just be nice to have an official certified instructor here in Oklahoma. For part of her fundraising, she is auctioning off 2 wraps to the highest bidder. One is a tye died Moby - the colors are blue, fuscia, pink. It's really pretty and not as "girly" as it sounds - there's quite a bit of blue in it. The second is a black peanut shell wrap with a rhinestone flaming motorcycle on the front. It is gorgeous! If you, or anyone you know is having a baby, or has a younger baby, either of these would make a great gift. I think bidding ends today. Here is the link if anyone is interested: facebook.com/event.php?eid=109917385733708&ref=mf

Advertisement

epilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #1202
epilgrim
Registered Users

Has anyone ever attended the Klassy Kids consignment sale in OKC? It's coming up shortly, and I was just wondering if it's worth going to.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #1203
tristens1mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Elizabeth, I consigned there last year this time. I entered about $300 worth of items and made $152. It is a LOT smaller than JBF as it's just one room, but the consignors seem to price things better than JBF (probably because you get to keep more) and everything was in good shape, that I looked at anyway. I think if you live in the area, it's good, but nothing to go out of the way for. HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilgrim View Post
Has anyone ever attended the Klassy Kids consignment sale in OKC? It's coming up shortly, and I was just wondering if it's worth going to.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:42 AM   #1204
stacyat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilgrim View Post
Last November I opened Oklahoma City's first cloth diaper store with a good friend. We are located in NW OKC and have somewhat unconventional hours as we both work full-time at other jobs. We are open nights and weekends and also have an internet store: TheChangingTableOK(dot)com
Yay! So glad I found this thread, and found that there's a store in the area! I'm new to the site, and just about to move back to Edmond in a little less than a week. Also new to CD'ing, lol, or will be at least. I found you on fb and will probably be dropping by your store at some point! I have a little one due at the end of February!
stacyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #1205
epilgrim
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyat View Post
Yay! So glad I found this thread, and found that there's a store in the area! I'm new to the site, and just about to move back to Edmond in a little less than a week. Also new to CD'ing, lol, or will be at least. I found you on fb and will probably be dropping by your store at some point! I have a little one due at the end of February!
Great! So glad you found us on facebook. You should come to one of our cloth diaper crash courses. It teaches you all about the different kinds of diapers and how to care for them. It's a very casual class where you can get all your questions answered. We are having 2 classes in September at my home in SW OKC. The October class is at Kristina's home (which is also where the store is located.) It's in Edmond on the 9th at 10am. That one would be much closer for you. You can actually sign up on our facebook page under events if you are interested. Congratulations on the new little one due in February!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #1206
epilgrim
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristens1mom View Post
Elizabeth, I consigned there last year this time. I entered about $300 worth of items and made $152. It is a LOT smaller than JBF as it's just one room, but the consignors seem to price things better than JBF (probably because you get to keep more) and everything was in good shape, that I looked at anyway. I think if you live in the area, it's good, but nothing to go out of the way for. HTH
Great information. That's kind of what I suspected it would be like, but I'm glad to know the items are in good shape. I wonder if a lot of the items are leftovers from the JBF sale.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:58 AM   #1207
jlady11
Registered Users

I'm in Edmond.
jlady11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:13 AM   #1208
scruffypuppy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Playgroup this Saturday in NW OKC. If you want to come send me a pm and I will give you directions. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
scruffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #1209
SKITTLES46
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow, I haven't been down in this part before In Perkins here, 12 miles or so south of Stillwater.
Anabaptist Christian, Homeschooling, EBF, non-vaxing, non-circ, CD'ing, Wife to M (8-15-98), Blessed with DD 11, DS 7, DS 5, and my two reversal babes!, DS 16 months, and #5 due Jan '11!
SKITTLES46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #1210
LuvMyKimber
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alannadixon View Post
I'm in Lawton!
yay! i in lawton too!

edit: i thought your name sounded familiar so i checked my emails (which i NEVER delete, lol), and ive bought something from you before from craigslist! how cool!

Last edited by LuvMyKimber; 10-05-2010 at 10:46 AM.
LuvMyKimber is offline   Reply With Quote