Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
mommymegs10
Registered Users

My Mood:
How do trades work?

I'm fairly new here and am thinking of putting together an ISO/IHA list because I would really like to trade with some mamas here! The only thing is I don't have a lot of feedback here (some on babycenter). I would rather do trades because I don't really have any PP.

Long story short, how does it work? How do you price your items? Am I allowed to post my ISO/IHA even with very little feedback? How can I let people know that I'm trustworthy?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just can seem to figure out how to get started!

Advertisement

mommymegs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
mason825
Registered Users
seller

Re: How do trades work?

I did trades with only 1 feedback (and i still don't have a ton of feedback, lol)
But, essentially, what i did, was put an ISO/IHA list, and ALWAYS ship with DC-and give the user the DC# ASAP after you get it-most times i will get home from the PO and hop right on the computer so i won't forget
It also helps to know the trade value of what you have and what you want-so there is no confusion. Also, document any flaws well, don't misrepresent your items-and take good pictures
Old 09-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
sbbeana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do trades work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason825 View Post
I did trades with only 1 feedback (and i still don't have a ton of feedback, lol)
But, essentially, what i did, was put an ISO/IHA list, and ALWAYS ship with DC-and give the user the DC# ASAP after you get it-most times i will get home from the PO and hop right on the computer so i won't forget
It also helps to know the trade value of what you have and what you want-so there is no confusion. Also, document any flaws well, don't misrepresent your items-and take good pictures

Be very descriptive and make sure to use DC! It's the rules to ship w/DC anyhow. If you're going to post to do a trade, make sure to post it in the trades section instead of ISO because the ISO area is only for items you can pay money for. A lot of people post trades in the ISO area and it's annoying to PM someone only to get a response that they don't have PP for it

As far as FB goes, that's something that takes time. If you can, post your username from babycenter and if someone wants to double check your feedback you can do that. I linked people to my ebay FB when I was a newbie on here. HTH's some

ETA: I find that configuring shipping fees into the trade value will help make the trade more fair because shipping the items to the other person is on you. You shouldn't ask the other person to help cough up some of the shipping fees if your stuff costs $20 to ship while the other person's only costs $3. I hope that makes sense.

Last edited by sbbeana; 09-07-2010 at 06:30 PM.
sbbeana is offline   Reply With Quote