Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
Changing Table Questions *Pics Added*

I just purchased a changing table from someone on craigslist for $25. I thought it was a reasonable price. She said it was in excellent condition. I took a quick look at it when we got there. I saw a few dings, but to me that's no biggie, a little touch up paint would work right?

When we got home we put it back together and I noticed there are 2 of the pieces have slight cracks in the wood. It looks like it may be from tightening the screws, or from the tiny nails that are in the wood pieces. I didn't take the time to fully inspect it, and the cracked parts were facing away from me when I took a look at it in their home. Shame on me. Do you think these will affect the support? I get paranoid about things like this.

I've never owned a changing table before. Overall it just doesn't seem that sturdy. I mean the frame is sturdy, nothing is wobbly, but just doesn't seem as solid as other changing tables (but I have nothing to compare and haven't inspected the ones at church, I've just used them lol). We're pregnant with our 3rd and just never bought one, I thought I would this time to house the diapering items. I'm just now kicking myself because had I seen the cracks, I either...A) wouldn't have purchased it, or B) offered a lower price.

Do you think I have anything to worry about?!

Here are some photos...

The Changing Table:

The Blemishes:

The Cracks (Middle and bottom shelves):
(This one is actually about 1.5 inches long, I just painted over it a little to try to make it look less noticable)

Mama of 3 little munchkins!

Last edited by ACSNMama; 09-08-2010 at 10:52 AM.
ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote