Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:47 AM   #11
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I guess I don't get it...

Advertisement

Last edited by *Peanut*; 09-08-2010 at 10:59 PM.
*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #12
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

No. There's been no rule changes about kids' names or faces. Just a little more paranoia due to that bozo with belly button/hernia issues. My kids' names aren't listed here anymore, but it's been that way since the place was hacked. I've posted in the photo uno & I'm leaving them. Not a big deal to me. I changed my av because I liked the picture, but I have no reservations putting my child's face there, or a picture of the whole child. But there obviously wont be one of just the diaper area.
Besides. To load a pic there it has to be low quality. If print screened, it would be slightly bigger than a stamp, at best.

Last edited by Dory; 09-08-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Dory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #13
imasupernova
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphibology29 View Post
I'm kind of with you, OP. I deleted my pictures from the original thread because it was just weird, but honestly... Even if you do nothing but upload your pictures to a store's online photo department and have them printed at your local branch, they are out there and "vulnerable." Right click protecting does nothing to stop people from taking screen shots. Accounts can be hacked. Friends can unwittingly or uncaringly share your pictures and information.

There is nothing private on the internet. I know that and I still choose to put my kids' pictures online. I have had my pregnancy photos and newborn photos of my DS "stolen" and passed off as someone else's before and you know what? I didn't feel angry or violated or anything but pity for the person who felt the need to do it. What happens on the internet isn't a big concern for me. If it comes off the internet and into my personal life, that's a different story. And if some perv somewhere sees a perfectly innocent picture of my child and gets sick pleasure from it... well, as terrible as that is, it doesn't affect my child or me and I'm not going to stop sharing innocent pictures with family and friends because of it.
See the thing is that some people aren't as knowledgeable and know that once they upload their kids pictures to the internet that it is EVERYWHERE. Call it naivete or whatever, but those who are new to the internet or are not as internet savvy may think if I upload my kids pictures to what they think is a "private place" that it couldn't possibly be out ther. I think the whole situation just brought it all to the light and some people may learn from this.

At least that is all I was hoping would come from the situation and I am glad that you feel comfortable enough and know the risks.

mom to se7en rockin' kiddos
Do you Swag? You can earn FREE gift cards!

Last edited by imasupernova; 09-08-2010 at 10:15 AM.
imasupernova is offline   Reply With Quote