Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #11
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Moms.....I need advice on how to handle my anger

Advertisement

Last edited by *Peanut*; 09-08-2010 at 11:09 PM.
*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #12
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Another mama who can empathize. I am 39 weeks pregnant with a 3YO and a 22MO. I am tired and achy and some days are certainly better than other. I try to wake up every morning and remind myself to take it 15 minutes at a time. If I mess up this 15 minutes (or 5 for that matter) I get to start over -- I haven't ruined the WHOLE day. This helps in me not spiraling down and wanting to throw in the towel, which isn't an option anyways, right?!?!

I hope you can find a new balance and things start going easier for you.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #13
FallBabies
Registered Users

Poor kiddo and poor Mommy! I'd be really frustrated, too. The best advice that I've ever heard was from Michelle Duggar. She said that when she gets upset, she forces herself to get quieter. I have worked really hard to try and use this technique, and it works so well for me. It de-escalates the situation, it forces me to keep my emotions in check, and it doesn't result in a terrified kid. (And trust me, I've really had to WORK at it, b/c my natural instinct when I get upset is to yell.)
Old 09-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #14
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

Thanks ladies for all the kind words. And thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to put them into practice starting today!

I'm sure the pregnancy is not helping, but I have like 7 more months to go, so I don't want to torture him for another half a year
Old 09-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #15
tristens1mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mama. I got a lot of help from Parenting with Love & Logic. Is your ds able to pull his undies up by himself? With my older DD, we left her little potty seat in her room at nap time, with some wipes on top of a mat. It helped with her being able to get up and go by herself and then back to bed. It only lasted for a week, then we moved it back to the bathroom and left her door cracked. Once she understood that she could get up and go, and return to bed, it didn't hinder her naptime.