Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2010, 07:48 AM   #11
lifeacoustic
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: I will be pregnant forever.

I'm "late" too (but only by 3 days) - so maybe I will be the first forever pregnant lady. Not much movement this morning - I hope she's storing up her energy for the big show!

Just remember that your date is really just a "guess date" - on time is anywhere between 38-42 weeks. Sigh.

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #12
MrsS
Registered Users
seller

Thanks gals. I think what's making the time seem to go even slower is that my dd who is 2 and I have colds and she is miserable. So that makes time go slow as well! I did a lot better when I could get out of the house and do stuff every day to make the time pass more quickly....

Hope we all can find stuff to do to make the time pass!
MrsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #13
hokoonchi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I kept expecting to be early, and have had contractions every five minutes for several hours SEVERAL times. Now I'm 38 weeks and some change and I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to deliver in October. Last night I had the thought, "Well, he'll get here by Halloween at least." SIGH. I'm trying to occupy myself by making a diaper bag and doing some work from home. Good luck Mama! You are not alone!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:01 AM   #14
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokoonchi View Post
"Well, he'll get here by Halloween at least."
Yes, This!!

L0Ri K

MAMA T0 KADE (1/07)
LEVi (09/10)!

:: & RUBY ♥ ::
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #15
lizbaby2.0
Registered Users

My Mood:

I feel the same way. Baby is 3 days over by my dates, 41 weeks by US dates, so I am soo ready. Yesterday I got to the point where I told my husband I didn't want to have any more people ask me how I was feeling, or joke about why we didn't have the baby yet. I feel like my body is betraying me in some way...it is hard to be patient!!!
I went 11 days over with DD so though I was hoping to go sooner this time, I realize it may be a while longer. I was 3 cm dilated at my last appointment so I think that may have gotten my hopes up.
Who knew 2 weeks could go sooo slowly!! And that we would analyze every twinge, sign of mucus, and backache!
Hugs to all those waiting!!
lizbaby2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #16
LillyIvy
Registered Users
seller

I'm with you mama! I'm 11 days past MY dates (4 days 'theirs')... And the days are seriously going SO SLOW. I spent two hours at my in-laws today, seriously felt like I was there all day, wtf?

It does feel like baby is pushing against my cervix, or punching it So I'm pretty sure I'm gearing up *somehow* to have this baby soon. It was also punching my hip today, that was interesting...
Old 09-08-2010, 07:06 AM   #17
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I usually get to the point where I finally cry from lack of sleep and just being SO done. I tend to then have a baby within two days of my pity party.

DH told me to go cry last night and get things started. I'm not quite to the throwing of a true pity party though so I bet she'd know I was faking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsS View Post
That's exactly exactly how I feel...I've been having "I think it's TONIGHT feelings for weeks" and then no dice. Ugh. The only thing that does help is going to see my midwife and their staff...they are so encouraging. The encouragement last for oh maybe 2 days!!
Go see them every three days

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeacoustic View Post
I'm "late" too (but only by 3 days) - so maybe I will be the first forever pregnant lady. Not much movement this morning - I hope she's storing up her energy for the big show!

Just remember that your date is really just a "guess date" - on time is anywhere between 38-42 weeks. Sigh.
Even knowing I normally go to 42 weeks doesn't stop me from wanting to have this baby LOL! I am really,really ready. It would be really,really nice NOT to go to 42 weeks this time!

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:29 AM   #18
Sonoran Bloom
Registered Users

Though I never felt "done" being pregnant, I was very, very emotional 5 days before going into labor. So, I think you are very close Try not to worry and enjoy the last few days of you bump - it'll be gone before you know it.
Sonoran Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #19
MrsS
Registered Users
seller

Hugs ladies....yeah, I think you all are right about the crying and emotions being signs of being close! I had a MAJOR break down emotionally last time the day before I went into labor. I haven't had a huge cry like that yet...but it would raise my hopes LOL!!
MrsS is offline   Reply With Quote