Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #81
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any of your kids have outie belly buttons (Mark 2)

...and I can't believe this thread is still going strong (even if it has taken a turn for the better...)

Advertisement

crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #82
imasupernova
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamablitz View Post
I think ppl are too naive for the weirdos on the internet. there was a thread a while back asking ppl what their grandmothers names are and simultaneously another thread asking what their dh and their own names are. that is alot of very personal info. It would be very easy to track someone's address if 1. they know the family name, 2. plus a few names in the family for confirmation 3. from signature's they know how many children, if mother is single, and through threads might even know when their dh/so is working etc etc. not to mention you get someone's address if you do a trade with them. there are some posters who post everything that goes on in their lives and I understand many are just looking for opinions or support, but there are lots of creeps out there, and when they are online, the world becomes a smaller place where all the info is in one spot, and you just have to be aware that this leaves you extra vulnerable to these creeps. I posted on one of those threads that people were being naive in posting info so personal for no good reason.
I have totally been thinking about this lately! There are so many threads that pop up asking for all this information on people and if someone answers every one of them all this personal information is out there for everyone to see.

mom to se7en rockin' kiddos
Do you Swag? You can earn FREE gift cards!
imasupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #83
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2Lucas
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamablitz View Post
I think ppl are too naive for the weirdos on the internet. there was a thread a while back asking ppl what their grandmothers names are and simultaneously another thread asking what their dh and their own names are. that is alot of very personal info. It would be very easy to track someone's address if 1. they know the family name, 2. plus a few names in the family for confirmation 3. from signature's they know how many children, if mother is single, and through threads might even know when their dh/so is working etc etc. not to mention you get someone's address if you do a trade with them. there are some posters who post everything that goes on in their lives and I understand many are just looking for opinions or support, but there are lots of creeps out there, and when they are online, the world becomes a smaller place where all the info is in one spot, and you just have to be aware that this leaves you extra vulnerable to these creeps. I posted on one of those threads that people were being naive in posting info so personal for no good reason.
Yeah but people can get that ANYWHERE now a days. There was a site that (don't remember the name) if you typed in a name gave the person's address, income, household type, marital status etc... a lot of it was also incorrect like it said on mine I made WAY more money than I do so that is scary it's says "come to my house rob me and kidnap my children" It was just a basic people search too. I removed my name but who knows what other sites like that are out there?