Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #11
karaintx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: UGH annoyed

Yes!! I took Stella to work with me (worked at a church) and my office mate was so yucked by them.
My Mom doesn't care for it, but she'll use ones like BG 3.0s. My mil doesn't get it, but supports whatever our choice is.

I would def tell the naysayers the truth. I have shown people in the grocery store, Target, etc a CD before + lotsa are surprised at how much cloth has evolved!

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #12
tristicat
Registered Users
seller

I have been met with a LOT of negativity - including from my own mother (who cloth diapered me with strictly prefolds back in 1984!) when I informed her I would be CD full time - not just at home. I have been told that I'm not allowed to wash diapers at my sister in laws when we visit and that they'd prefer we use disposables during our visit to cut down on the smell. Thankfully, when I posted about my choice on facebook I had a lot of friends who CD fill my status with positive things about cloth so they educated some of the negative ones, but others still say I'm ridiculous for even thinking about it. Some life long family friends even told me "they invented disposables for a reason - you won't stick to cloth when you see how much easier disposables are!".

I just have to ignore it mostly... and know that I'm doing what I'm doing for a reason and it's what works for us!
tristicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:34 PM   #13
.sweetdreams.
Registered Users

My Mood:

That is excatly why I did not post anything on facebook yet about my decision to CD this time around. I already know I will be facing the same thing with many negative comments. Not just from friends but mainly from family. No one in my family CD's and would immedialty assume its pf's with safety pins and covers. They dont know how much CDing has changed, hell I didnt even know until I was educated by mommas I met online!

I wanted to CD with my 2nd but DH was not into it at all. Since I had everyone except him and my MIL giving me crap about BFing (and had a meltdown at that!), I decided not to do it. This time around I am 100% CDing and DH has backed my decision so I am really excitied =) I just PM any CDing mommas I know on facebook with any questions so I can avoid the negativeness for now haha

I hope your friend doesnt let the negativeness effect her decision. I know how hard it is when people are cracking down like that and bashing your choice. Hopefully she can block it out and let them believe what they want ;-)
Stephanie Wife to Tom(3\18\06) ,SAHM to Sarah(5\10\06) and Julianna(3\16\09)Expecting Baby#3 (11\24\10)
.sweetdreams. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #14
Kealii
Registered Users

Overall I've been met with amazement by people (like me about a year and a half ago) who thought CDs were only prefolds and pins and crinkly vinyl diaper covers. The ones that bother me are the people who look at me like I'm disgusting for Cding, like CDing is akin to letting your animals and kids poop all over the floors in your house and not clean up after them or something... hello? even with disposables you're supposed to be putting the poop in the toilet so either way you're still dealing with poop!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #15
calismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Everyone kinda rolls their eyes in my family except DH. But they know by now that I do my own thing so they've learned to shut their mouths. Haha