Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
Sakari
Registered Users

I need a crash course in SCHOOL!

I'm probably worrying for nothing, but I reaaallly want this next few days to go well.

X's grandpa is sick so she and her DH are leaving the kids (DH's 2 plus their stepbrother who's also DSS's age) with us tonight! until monday eve!

This will be the first time we have been "allowed" to be involved in school stuff. The boys are in 3rd grade and DSD will be going to daycare. All we have to do (THAT I KNOW OF!) is to drop them off and pick them up.

What else?! I hope X sends the right shoes, otherwise we'll be shoe shopping tonight for DSS since the shoes we had for him went to x's and never came back.

I think they just eat at school (breakfast and lunch) so I don't need to send lunches. I don't think.

Is there anything I should be aware of?!
Wish me luck!

Advertisement

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need a crash course in SCHOOL!

I would ask about the lunches, and if you need to send lunch money. Also ask about what to send for daycare, and where to look for homework.

You might make them some super cool lunches anyway with special treats in them just to be fun...and write notes on the napkins. And, if you really want to make them excited, greet them with cookies at the end of the day...

Oh how I wish I was a SAHM...
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd probably swing in the first morning and introduce yourself to the teachers and let them know that you have the kids this week...see if there's anything they do in particular each day that requires parental involvement, maybe stuff to keep an eye out for in backpacks, if anything is due or needed that your DH's ex didn't mention, etc. Around here, most of the teachers do something called FISH folders (Family Involvement Starts Here), there's usually behavior/update sheets each day that need signed or initialed, certain homework assignments that need done by certain days, etc. Worst case, the teacher will know that its hectic going between the two houses & you guys aren't really familiar with the whole school routine...that way if something is missing or the kids are maybe acting a little differently, they'll know what's going on.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
Sakari
Registered Users

Great tips! Thank you so much mamas! I felt like we should introduce ourselves to the teacher, but I didn't know about initialing stuff, etc. That helps alot! (gives me somewhere to start) and I love the note idea!

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote