Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
corey0902
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What did I get myself into?

Sorry to be a downer ladies, I've just had a really bad week and needed to tell some people who understand. To start off, I turned the dreaded 30 this week so that doesn't help. Then I took my ODD to meet her teacher for preschool on Friday and found out that the class I was planning on registering her for is not appropriate for her abilities. Basically it was a tots program not a preschool program. Luckily, they still have room in the preschool classroom so we bumped her up. They already started on Sept 1st so she will be entering the class a few days late. Sounds great, but its 5 days a week not 3 and she has to be there at 845. We are not morning people at all. My girls normally don't get up until 9-9:30 so this is going to be a huge adjustment for all of us. I don't even want to think how it will work out once the new babe arrives. When I was trying to vent to my MIL she basically told me I need to get "more organzied" and plan better!

Then last night we went to my friends house for a BBQ and to put it bluntly my kids were complete "BRATS". They don't listen for anything. My youngest screams at the top of her lungs to get what she wants. I normally ignore this behavior but my friends entire family was staring at me like "why aren't you doing something". It was so bad that dh took YDD home early because she was just miserable. Needless to say I got the response of "your crazy for wanting another baby". If my YDD was like this when we were talking about baby #3, there definitely wouldn't be a baby in the oven right now.

I feel like I'm miserable all the time and I can't wait to meet this baby but also feel like I can't handle things now so how am I going to do it with a baby attached to my breast! If you made it this far, thanks for listening to me vent. I just really needed to get this off my chest!

Advertisement

Old 09-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What did I get myself into?

hugs
kids can be that way sometimes and other times complete angels

as for prek have you looked for a half day program that starts in the afternoon
they have them would make it alot easier on you and the children

oh and happy belated birthday
from an over 30 gal
Old 09-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally know how you feel. I have been totally overwhelmed this whole pregnancy at the thought of adding another one.

Dont listen to other people. They can not tell you how to raise you children or how to react to how they act. It really irks me when people tell me what to do in situations that have nothing to do with them.

Old 09-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #4
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Kids can act one way one day and completely different the next. Sometimes it's just a bad day that gets all the attn.

No advice on the pre k stuff....we're not there yet.

Just one day at a time girl.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
howmanykids
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have thought hte same thing with the older kids this pregnancy....sometimes, its just, "oh my goodness..i know we wanted a large family, but maybe we should have stopped at 2," and then the Bean will nudge, and make me realize that maybe another sibling is JUST what the dr, ordered! I don't know, but our kiddos are just about exactly the same age! i dont know how to handle ds2 either! the high pitched screaming is ridiculous to say the least! my boys tackle and handle any small disputes completely on their own...no fussing, no crying, a small scuffle so quiet that I don't even know its going on unless i'm watching. great for me, TERRIBLE when other kids are around. don't know why but other kids just done seem to respond to being handed a different toy while a kid takes their's LOL.....anyway, my family are always on me that we need to be done after this one....basically, i guess i'm saying to hang in there, i feel for ya! get togethers are really hard on my guys! You are strong Woman, a MOM, and you can handle it!

as for preschool.....we are not sending ds for a few years yet. his b-day falls right before the cut off around here, so we are goign to hold him until he is 6 for kindergarten. i'd rather he be the oldest instead of the youngest in class. good luck, and i hope that it works out ok for you! Give it a few weeks to try to adjust to the new schedule!

as for being 30, well, i'm the youngest of 4 in my family, and my oldest sis just hit 31....she had a hard time with turning 30, but now she's alright with it....although i still tease her relentlessly....we're 6 years apart

Katie, Wife to my WONDERFUL Hubby, Roger, (7/01/06) SAHM to Christopher (7/25/07) and to Patrick (3/3/09), and Little Miss Maggie Jo (10/3/2010)
howmanykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #6
alishamommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My kids are pretty close to that age too...and i think we all have the "what have we done" moments while the house looks like a bomb went off...kids are going crazy....and I'm just too tired to even care. But once the baby lets me know he's around...I completely melt and know that I'll manage just fine with them once he's here.
My DD is 3 and she's in the screaming if she doesn't get what she wants stage as well. I do the exact same thing with ignoring it...completely for attention and it doesn't fly with me. We were at a party on the weekend and she did it...dh took her outside to cool off and that was that.
People are always gonna judge, but until they know the whole situation or how you run your house then they have no say in anything. And there is always someone who thinks they know how to raise every single child...when no 2 kids are the same!

Chin up Mama.

As for the school thing...Jk stars here at 4 and I'm not sure my DD is gonna go then or until she's 5 to the sk program for Kindergarden. I agree with Maya...I'd be checking into see if they have an afternoon program around you. Not all families run on early mornings and once they need to be in school full time, thats different but if there is that option for afternoons you could all get adjusted to waking up a bit earlier just so things aren't so crazy.
Easier said then done...I know

I'm just a , , , kinda momma -- and I wouldn't have it any other way
alishamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:18 AM   #7
MrsAmandaRJordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh Corey!!!!! I know EXACTLY how you feel!!! I almost started crying cause I feel exactly the same way right now!!!
My 8 year old started back to school today and I was really feeling all the way up until today that I could NOT deal with a new baby a school schedule and a 2 year old. I still don't honestly know how I am going to do it, I don't have my in-laws helping anymore (LONG AWFUL STORY), but I decided that it will all work out and we will be ok.
My son has ADHD and not like the "I don't wanna deal with my son" he has the bouncing off the walls making RIDICULOUS noises for no reason and a COMPLETE and total inability to control his impulses at all. He is on medication for the school hours but not at home and I like it that way but anyone that is around us not at school always looks at me like I am INSANE for having more then him. Who cares though? They don't understand the good times that make it all possible because all they pay attention to, or see, is the crap.
It will all be worth it and ok in the end!!

I am also mother to Kai (3/15/02) C-Section, Helen (10/21/07) C-Section,Liam (12/7/10) HBA2C, Declan (Due 7/26/13) HOPEFULLY VBAC
MrsAmandaRJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
calismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD just turned 2 and has been giving me such a hard time! I totally sympathize momma! It's like they know we don't have the energy to deal with it right now so they take advantage.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #9
ashtonsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh corey im so with you on this! Ds has been a nightmare. I also feel i am a crabby mom all the time and have not enjoyed my time with him as i should have. I keep thinking to myself, why are we having a third. and besides the fact im hoping it has the same temperment as dd, im also hoping this is a phase and that it will pass. sending many many your way!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #10
corey0902
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

As always, you ladies are great. Its wonderful to hear that others experience the same thing and that what I'm going through is "normal".

Some mamas recommended the afternoon program as an easier transition however it won't work with dh's and my work schedule. I work from 1-930 so I can drop her off and pick her up before having to drop her off at Grandma's so I can go to work. In addition, pick up time would be right in the middle of Sadie's nap time and we both look forward to that time (when I have off from work).

The past two days have been a little bit of an adjustment but dh and I sat down and developed a plan of attack that would work for all of. All clothes need to be picked out the night before. Dh or I will get up, get a shower & get dressed, then wake up the girls and feed them breakfast. Then get them dressed, brush hair and teeth and out the door. We figured if we did it exactly the same way, they would both fall into the routine a lot easier then if mommy did it one way and daddy did it another. So far, so good. We'll see how we incorporate the baby into this. At least for the first 3 weeks I won't be alone.

Good luck to everyone else and thanks again!