Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2010, 02:57 AM   #1
tamesis
Registered Users
seller

Dec. Bellies Daily Chat 9/8

Wow, how time flies! It feels like just yesterday was the first of August, let alone September! This whole parenthood thing is coming quick....As excited as I am, I'm a little scared at times too! EEK!

However, i'm looking forward to many things!! Like not peeing every 20 minutes some days.....And feeling like my body belongs to me again!

Just sitting here enjoying my midnight snack, which seems to be a normal occurance, sadly. I wake up starving a couple hours into my sleep, and then after my snack can't go back to sleep for at least an hour or two...usually leads to a bath, some reading, etc. It's getting rather frustrating! LOL.
Tomorrow I have an OB appt., then an appt. with a new doc in town hoping to find a family physician! I have one, but he's in my hometown over an hour away, so it would be nice to find one local for me and babe.

OOH, and I got My Brest Friend last night! YIPPEE! They don't sell them in Canada, or if they do it's for nearly $100, so I bought it online in the US and had it shipped to my box over there. :P I LOVE IT!! It's a beautiful chocolate brown color, and I can totally see how it would be comfy and supportive! Anyways....at this point i'm just yammering for the sake of it, 'cause i'm bored. :P Have a good day ladies, i'll try to check in later!

Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
elizabeth429
Registered Users
seller

Re: Dec. Bellies Daily Chat 9/8

Hey Pam!! Hope you're able to rest today and you're not too tired! I'm up all night going to the bathroom, too. I LOVE my My Brest Friend!! It's the one thing I recommend to every new mom. I had a Boppy for BFing that I used for 2 weeks and she would always roll forward in it. I got the My Brest Friend and problem solved! It supports a baby so much better and you can clip it on you so it stays in place. This makes it so much easier to sit at a table to nurse and eat, or basically go anywhere with it! We moved from FL to VA when DD was 3 weeks old and it was a lifesaver on the road. Glad you love it

AFM, DD slept really well last night so I'm feeling nice and rested today. Not sure what's on the agenda, but I need to print and fax a document out to CA, so I'll probably head to the library at some point. Not sure what else, but hopefully it's a good day

Our Blog: Small Hands Inspired.
elizabeth429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
g&g
Registered Users

My Mood:

Do you really think it is that much better than the Boppy? I have mine and was just going to get the newborn wedge for this one.

Megan, glad your DD slept well for you!

AFM, I didn't sleep well last night, and then the dogs (there are 4 here-my two and my parents two) woke me up at like 6ish so I was up for a little bit. I should have just gotten up and done some crafting! I have got to start rounding stuff up to pack-I don't want to leave!
Katy, outnumbered Marine wife/mom/geologist to a spunky Hoo, a sweet Pipes, with #3 due in Aug, and 2 crazy wiener dogs, Graben and Gabi.

g&g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
tamesis
Registered Users
seller

Megan, glad you've been able to rest up a bit, and are feeling refreshed! Nothing like a couple of good nights' sleep these days. Have fun at the Library!

Katy, That's too bad you were up so early, yuck!! I'd rather be up half the night and sleep late than sleep well at night and get up early....odd I know, but I HATE mornings! LOL. Guess that's going to have to change soon! Good luck packing, i'm sure it will be hard for you to go back home, but it will be nice to be back too i'm sure.

AFM, i'm a little discouraged right now....I knew my OB was going on holidays for two months, and was going to have a locum. I was kind of glum about it, but I figured well, everyone deserves a holiday, and at least she'll be back for delivery....found out today, not so much. Apparantly she's giving up her practice to just do locums, so her "locum" is actually taking over her practice. So, at 28 1/2 weeks I basically get to start all over getting comfy with the person I'm entrusting to deliver my baby...and it's a male. I've had males as doc's before, for pap's and such, but I just feel like this is different....I feel kind of ripped off! But at this point. I mean, he's nice enough, he's just not who I was expecting, if that makes sense! Even though i know that she may not have been on call the day I deliver.....I don't know.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
elizabeth429
Registered Users
seller

Oh Pam I'm sorry you're getting a new doc now. I know how you feel, I never had just one doc with DD and never had even met the man who "delivered" DD. It honestly wasn't a situation that I would want to repeat and it much of the reason I saught out a midwife this time around. But, that was in a military hossy. You still have a bit of time to establish a relationship. If you have any questions/concerns, voice them now! I'm sure it will turn out wonderfully

Our Blog: Small Hands Inspired.
elizabeth429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #6
sarahakamommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Pam, I feel your pain. I got a form letter from my insurance trying to tell me I was being switched to a different doctor at a closer hospital and I would no longer be able to opt in to seeing my maternal-fetal medicine dr. I got it all straightened out, but it was so stress inducing! I hope you're able to rally for the home stretch even if you don't bond in the way you'd hoped with your OB.

AFM, I should be doing my mountain of homework but here I am. I feel very fortunate to have my mom commiting to come help out when the baby is born as well as my insurance all straightened out. I was starting to contemplate an unassisted delivery at home and going right back to life as usual the very next day as our only option with this baby. My MIL is not able to help us even though she's much closer as my FIL is progressing in his alzheimers and she can't leave him any longer. It's nice to know I have my childcare/petcare covered...BUT it's going to take me from three weeks ago until the minute my mother arrives to get the entire house organized enough to feel ok with my mom running this ship. It's one thing to have company, it's another to have your mom scrutinizing you linen closet organizational skills. Know what I mean?

Mom to Maggie
Hannah Avery Jillian and baby Parker Henry due in early December
sarahakamommy is offline   Reply With Quote