Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #21
BlessedMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I think I've gotten through to DH!!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason825 View Post
He won't get poop under the foreskin, will he? I ask, because DD used to get poop EVERYWHERE!
The foreskin is securely fused to the glans to keep the glans clean and free from contamination by fecal matter. I think that is probably a huge part of why the foreskin doesn't retract in a young child, to aid in cleanliness.

Just wipe from base to tip if it gets poop on it. It's a good idea though (boy or girl) to shower your child off if they have a really messy poopy diaper.

I had a girl first and then a boy (intact), and the boy was definitely easier to clean.

Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #22
mason825
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedMommy View Post
The foreskin is securely fused to the glans to keep the glans clean and free from contamination by fecal matter. I think that is probably a huge part of why the foreskin doesn't retract in a young child, to aid in cleanliness.

Just wipe from base to tip if it gets poop on it. It's a good idea though (boy or girl) to shower your child off if they have a really messy poopy diaper.

I had a girl first and then a boy (intact), and the boy was definitely easier to clean.
Thanks DD is PL'd, so no worries about that, but i will have the same situation, girl first, boy second. I guess at least i will not have to worry about which way i wipe
Old 09-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #23
BlessedMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason825 View Post
Thanks DD is PL'd, so no worries about that, but i will have the same situation, girl first, boy second. I guess at least i will not have to worry about which way i wipe
Yep, that exactly. You don't have to worry about getting poop in the urethra or cleaning all the folds of the vulva.

The one hard part to clean in a boy, though, is the scrotum. It's squishy and wrinkly and moves around when you try to clean it.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #24
BlessedMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity10410 View Post
We will have the same issues coming from our family, INCLUDING my own mother, who is an RN . I talked to her briefly yesterday and she mentioned a lot of those things, also said that Xander and his brother should be "the same" AND that daddy should decide because I'm not a man, so I could not possibly understand! . I just hope she doesn't say this crap around my DH. I'm so close to having him 100% convinced!
I was pondering the issue of people thinking that the man should decide since he has the same parts. Perhaps, a good answer to those people would be this:

Other Person: You should let your DH decide since he has the same parts! You couldn't possibly know anything about penises!

You: I guess then, that men should never be OB GYN's, since they don't have the same parts. They couldn't possibly understand anything about labor pain or any female parts since they don't have those parts themselves.