Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I may have lost my mind.

Originally Posted by jessesgirl View Post
It looks great!!!

I went for the first time in a year and got mine cut, then made the appt to come back and color. Realizing how many other things I could spend that $100 on, I canceled the dye appt, went to sally's and colored it myself for $10.

Mine was bad. 1/2 my head was copper and 1/2 was brownish-grey LOL it had to be done to PRESeRVE my sanity!
I always do my own color, but I can't cut a straight line on a piece of paper

~Faith, knitting LDS mama to a halfling rogue, gnome barbarian, and goliath cleric
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I got my hair cut about 2 years ago after DS was born. I'm thinking of donating it after DS2 is born since a bunch will probably drop out anyways. I need to find someone to do it though. I wouldn't dare do it myself. Your hair looks great! DH donated his hair and they didn't do such a great job getting as much as they could. They cut off his pony tail and then cut off a bunch more after words. They would have gotten much more if they had done a section at a time. I'd love to find a place that would do it for free. His hair went to a place for wigs for children with cancer.
Sarah, Momma behind, Wife to my rock star hubby momma to Jeca B (Feb 06) , George (Feb 08) & Jack (Oct 10)
sjebillings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Yeah it's only the bangs (the scariest part) since I keep the rest in a ponytail most of the time. I'm going to try to trim my ends today... but, I'm not as worried about that.

About coloring, I have always colored my own hair... I have gotten it done maybe four or five times in the last three years, but before that I always did my own. But, then again, I usually was changing my hair color every month and around here it's hard to find a stylist that is willing to dye your hair blue. (until I found my stylist, that is)

I might tackle dyeing my hair tonight, or I might just leave it how it is. This is honestly the first time I have seen my hair it's natural color since I was twelve. Who knew I wasn't a redhead anymore? I know that at this stage of pregnancy dyeing your hair is totally fine, but I am going to avoid bleach nonetheless. Your scalp doesn't really absorb any chemicals and the only time they could effect the baby at those levels even if they did is first trimester. Or so the research I have done says. (I obsessively researched it when I first found out because I had an appointment set for three days later - which I canceled) So, I don't know. We'll see. If I do, I am sure it will be completely spur of the moment and be extra crazy
Mom to
Gabriel (10/23/10) and Luna (07/11/12)

Life is good.
reithegenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

Reanna, you look great. I love the bangs. If you want to dye it, I say go for it. I understand that need for a change. I usually do something dramatic with my hair within a few weeks of any major changes in my life; it's just how I respond to things!

Have fun!
Nicole, mom behind Napping House Yarns, wife to C - mother to Grace and Isaiah
Expecting a sweet little BOY on September 17th, 2012

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote