Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2007, 08:00 AM   #11
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Keeping recipes organized

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEmom View Post
I got a 3 ring binder and made dividers with the following titles
Appetizers
Soups
Salads
Sauces
Sides
Main Dishes
Breads
Desserts

I put all of the recipes in page protectors and filed them accordingly, I did it about 4 years ago and every year or so I go through and toss anything I've never attempted or even desired to make to make room for the new ones. The page protector keeps the recipe clean while cooking. I usually tape it to a cabinet door to keep it at eye level.

I do this!! I bought pretty stationery and had someone sew me a binder cover so it looks cool. I don't know why but I wanted it to look nice.

Advertisement

Mama to Sophia born 6-9-06
runningdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:27 AM   #12
jeanieande
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEmom View Post
I got a 3 ring binder and made dividers with the following titles
Appetizers
Soups
Salads
Sauces
Sides
Main Dishes
Breads
Desserts

I put all of the recipes in page protectors and filed them accordingly, I did it about 4 years ago and every year or so I go through and toss anything I've never attempted or even desired to make to make room for the new ones. The page protector keeps the recipe clean while cooking. I usually tape it to a cabinet door to keep it at eye level.
Yeah, that!!
My labels are a bit different, but this is essentially how I do it too!

Check out my homeschool destash:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=673570
jeanieande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:27 AM   #13
jkelstaten
Registered Users

I need to organize mine (maybe a project for tonight), but for the most part mine are in a binder too. I misplaced my 3-hole punch for a while and so some of the recipes are just stuffed in there for the moment.

I always print off the recipe when I go to make it, and if we don't like it I still keep the recipe, but mark clearly why we didn't like it and put them in a section together so that I don't repeat the same one.

I'm also in the process of making a list of meal ideas that we frequently use and I'll be keeping that in the same binder for the weeks that I suffer from amnesia. which has been a lot this pregnancy.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #14
aprilwood11
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the great ideas ladies!

*off to get a binder *
Old 04-26-2007, 09:51 AM   #15
nellie
Registered Users

I use photo albums. 2 different ones. One of them has the slots for 4x6 pictures so a recipe card fits right in. A sheet of paper or mag cutout gets folded down and put in so i can see the the top/title of the recipe. I have sticky tabs for category.

The other album is one of those that has the peel back film and I just stick the recipes on there and put the film back on. I like the first album method better but this does work.
nellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:52 PM   #16
sandrabees
Registered Users

I use a program called snowbride.com that I downloaded for free to keep my recipes organized... on my computer but not online... You can make ingredients lists and a grocery list from the recipes you are wanting to cook... and even have your grocery store list by the aisles... You can keep a stock grocery list too... I have put most of my common recipes in this program even though I don't necessarily need to use the recipe to cook the meal, but then it generates what I need to my grocery list....

Also there is a feature that will print the recipes for you in word format... which I haven't done yet, but do plan to print them off and keep in a binder divided by categories for use without turning my computer on!

Jamie Mommy to Clint (8-21-02), Sandy (5-25-05) and Gavin (5-14-07)
sandrabees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:59 PM   #17
clothluvinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrabees View Post
I use a program called snowbride.com that I downloaded for free to keep my recipes organized... on my computer but not online... You can make ingredients lists and a grocery list from the recipes you are wanting to cook... and even have your grocery store list by the aisles... You can keep a stock grocery list too... I have put most of my common recipes in this program even though I don't necessarily need to use the recipe to cook the meal, but then it generates what I need to my grocery list....

Also there is a feature that will print the recipes for you in word format... which I haven't done yet, but do plan to print them off and keep in a binder divided by categories for use without turning my computer on!
i looked for this but couldn't find it :scratchhead:
Old 05-15-2007, 10:14 PM   #18
Roerte
Registered Users

My Mood:

When DH and I got married, both my sister and mother gave me binders filled with recipes, and I've yet to actually sort through them (my mom kinda... threw the free cards she found at the grocery in it, too). I started putting all of them on cards and sliding them into plastic sleeves to fit into the binder (like the photo ones 4x6), but I'm hardly done with it all.

Quote:
I do this!! I bought pretty stationery and had someone sew me a binder cover so it looks cool. I don't know why but I wanted it to look nice.
There's nothing wrong with trying to make your recipe book look pretty. You'll be using it for a while, so why not? ^^

I couldn't find the snowbride program, either, but I did find a list of possible recipe programs at download.com here. I'd be interested in seeing what people think of them.
Roerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:43 PM   #19
sonie716
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am a binder girl as well. I love to print recipes off of Recipezaar. I have one binder for all the recipes I have tried and like or love and a smaller binder for all the recipes that look good, but need to try.