Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2010, 10:10 AM   #11
Just2fornow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: motherhood maternity scam?

Happened to me too! Only I paid with cash, got the invoice, lost it and kept getting the magazine. They sent me another bill and I just called and canceled. He acted like it happens ALL THE TIME!! :lol: Super annoying though!

Advertisement

Just2fornow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #12
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yep, got them too

They also occasionally offer "free $50 restaurant gift card with $75 purchase"...yeah, free gift card to buy gift cards, that you have to spend money to use (like gift card is $25 off a $50 purchase" to places you've never heard of) but they dont' tell you that either..they do have a list in store, but none of those restaurants had "discount gift cert.s" offered
Old 09-16-2010, 10:17 AM   #13
birdie
Registered Users
seller

They told me I just forgot to cancel before they charged our card. They say it starts out free but after so many issues if you don't call and cancel they will charge you. So I wouldn't say its really a scam cause they are up front about it.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:57 AM   #14
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CokeLover View Post
I also don't give them my name address or any of that stuff either because they sell your name!
How did you get away with that? I tried to buy some nursing bras there and they wouldn't sell them to me because I refused to give them my e-mail address.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #15
pingdeft
Registered Users
seller

This happened to me, they charged me 20 dollars and I have called several times and yet to recieve a refund. They are also still sending me the magazines I didnt want.
pingdeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #16
CokeLover
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky McMurdo View Post
How did you get away with that? I tried to buy some nursing bras there and they wouldn't sell them to me because I refused to give them my e-mail address.
I just told them I don't give away my address or phone number and they told ok I have never had a prolem with it but I try not to shop there too
Old 09-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #17
lostiejen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know if this is technically a scam but it is a sucky business practice. I don't shop there because they are notorious for selling personal info and signing people up for random things.
lostiejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #18
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky McMurdo View Post
I think this actually might be illegal.... You should not have to give out your personal information... next time, get a manager.... I don't give out my info at stores either even though they say "we don't sell it" or "its just for marketing purposes" or my personal favorite "its to make returns easier" (yea, I keep all my receipts so no big), I've heard it all. But, never have I had a problem where I said no and they didn't take it as a final answer. If that were to ever happen to me I'd get the manager.
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #19
kindramay
Registered Users
seller

Hm. I wondered why that stupid magazine keeps coming and coming. Wonder how many months of bank statements I'm going to have to comb through to find the charge? Ugh.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #20
momof4kidz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When I worjed there, you had to get a certain amount of people to sign up for credit cards or magazines or risk being fired. You were also supposed to get everyone's info. I hated it! Also a store that makes pregnant employees stand even with a dr's note is horrid. And you could only return items if you miscarried. You could exchange if the item was on sale. Thankfully they went out of business here. I just buy their stuff from Kohls. At least there I can return it if needed.