Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2010, 06:43 AM   #1
sweetsy021
Registered Users
seller

Response time

I was wondering what you feel is an appropriate amount of time to wait for a response regarding buying/trading items? I usually respond to others within 4-6 hours or the next morning if it is at night. I have some people who PM me about their interest in items (and I have even sent invoices) and don't hear back from them. Are there any rules or guidelines? Should I specify in my thread how long of a response time (24 or 48 hours?) I give before offering it to the next person interested? I tend to be very punctual, but I know we all have kids, jobs and other things going on-so I just want others opinions on what is an appropriate response time so I am not being to pushy or rude (not on purpose of course!).

Thanks in advance for the info!

Advertisement

To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art. -La Rochefoucauld
sweetsy021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:17 AM   #2
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Response time

I know personally when I want to buy something, and I notice the seller is online, I will wait right then to see if she replies back so I can get the transaction going, lol. If they're not online, then I am still checking pretty frequently to see if I have any new messages.

But not all buyers are like that. Maybe they need to raise some PayPal, maybe something has come up, maybe their real life is busy and they only get on DS once a day or a few times a week. There's no way to know for sure.

That all said, I have seen FSOT listings that DO specify a response time. In your case right now, you could send the buyer one more PM to let her know that you need to hear back from her by X time because you have other people interested.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:17 AM   #3
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Response time

I know personally when I want to buy something, and I notice the seller is online, I will wait right then to see if she replies back so I can get the transaction going, lol. If they're not online, then I am still checking pretty frequently to see if I have any new messages.

But not all buyers are like that. Maybe they need to raise some PayPal, maybe something has come up, maybe their real life is busy and they only get on DS once a day or a few times a week. There's no way to know for sure.

That all said, I have seen FSOT listings that DO specify a response time. In your case right now, you could send the buyer one more PM to let her know that you need to hear back from her by X time because you have other people interested.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote