Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #31
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2Lucas
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did you see this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 View Post
I think its ridiculous women are kicked out of places for breastfeeding. No one was saying your a bad mother for not BFing. This isn't a debate about BFing or not. Its about a stupid shirt old navy made. And incase you forgot this is in the breastfeeding support.......

And I don't know what COUNTRY you live in but have you seen the spastics here in America? In 2003 less than 15% are still EBF at 6 months....
http://www.kellymom.com/writings/bf-numbers.html
Yah thanks for the reminder I'm well aware what we are talking about. The topic about BF or FF was already brought up by the pp. Just because this is in BF support I can't talk about FF at all even if it's in a discussion? I'll ask you before I post any where from now on to make sure it's ok.

I didn't say that people aren't formula feeding but I'm saying women have at least TRIED it and the majority KNOW it's better. There are other circumstances that keep people from BF longer than 6 months and they probably aren't EBF at that time because they are introducing cereals and solids at this time. That doesn't mean they aren't BF at all I say if they are still doing any BF that is great.

I really don't think ON created this shirt to support FF or not support BF. It's just silly shirt and people can interpret that any way they want to.

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2010, 06:26 PM   #32
isaacsmum
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 View Post
I think its ridiculous women are kicked out of places for breastfeeding. No one was saying your a bad mother for not BFing. This isn't a debate about BFing or not. Its about a stupid shirt old navy made. And incase you forgot this is in the breastfeeding support.......l
I haven't forgotten that this is the breastfeeding support forum, either. I think that is ridiculous that bf moms think that the comments left about that onesie are at all appropriate, in part because of the flak that bf moms get from some people. Bf moms shouldn't be kicked out of places or told what they're doing is disgusting. Why does it make sense to turn it around that bash formula the way, like the commenters on the ON page were? It is possible to be an advocate for breastfeeding without sinking to those lows.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #33
jenbo831
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Lucas View Post
Really? You're just looking for an argument with that comment aren't you?
Around here breastfeeding is definately not the norm. Out of about 20 women who I know and have recently had babies, only one other and myself has breastfed. My SIL wanted to and called me multiple times crying after her baby was born because of all the negativity. Her inlaws said things like "he'll stop crying once you give him the real stuff (formula)". I have one friend who is pregnant, not due until February, and keeps coming to me for support. NO ONE else supports her decision to breast feed.

On another note. The only thing I see "wrong" about this shirt is the fact that they aren't supporting both methods of feeding.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:26 PM   #34
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledayz View Post