Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #21
tangerinesky6
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else NOT finding out gender?

We decided to keep our 1st a surprise!! It makes the pregnancy not so dull, I think. At my u/s I was tempted to find out but when I saw the baby and that he/she was healthy the urge and temptation of WANTING to know wasn't there anymore. All that mattered to me was that the little one was healthy. <3

Advertisement

tangerinesky6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #22
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm due 10/22 and we didn't find out. I'm SO excited to know though, and I think it will make birth and labor much more exciting. I'm really glad we decided to let it be a surprise.
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:51 AM   #23
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Yay! thanks for all the motivation! I never even considered the excitement of telling our friends/family!
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #24
moley
Registered Users

Never found out with any of our babies.... thought the second one was a girl.. but so far just seen blue... I just love the surprise of it all!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #25
Sabra
Registered Users

I've never found out either. Never really wanted to. And having three of the same gender doesn't change that. I've come across quite a few folks who said they needed that extra time to prepare in the case of a child of the opposite sex, but that's just not something that I've ever worried about.
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #26
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well... I never minded dressing my newbs in green/white/yellow and never got it when the family would moan and complain about "needing" to know the sex so they could "get the right clothes".

Not that I ever got any surprises with my other three - their peer pressure got to me every single time before. Both sides of the family hounded me - I mean, would not, could not get off my freakin' back about whether this new baby was male or female like that was the most important thing ever. I think I was 3, yes, 3 months pregnant with DD2, my third child, when DH's granny blurted out, "Did you find out what it was?!" when he mentioned I had the first ultrasound a couple days ago. Made me

This time, I'm gonna tell them all to kiss off. I'm steeling myself for it already because I will get mean if I have to but dang it, I want my surprise and I'm gonna get my surprise too!