Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2010, 02:06 AM   #1
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What questions should I ask a potential birthing center?

Well currently I am seeing a midwife but she's associated w/a local hospital, so Ive decided to go for a birthing center birth. Something Ive contemplated even before I was pregnant w/my 2nd.

I was apprehensive because I had PIH w/my first son. I am nearly 23 weeks and so far no problems (though the PIH didnt start till my 3rd trimester). And Im like meh I might as well go for it and just take it as it comes.

When I talked to the midwife on the phone she right off the bat was encouraging homebirth. I think homebirth is great but really isnt for us. I told my fiance what she said and he made a good point, we dont live near any hospital so if something *did* go wrong it would be a problem.
The birthing center is only 4 miles from the hospital, about 20 miles closer than we are.
We also live w/my father and I dont think my dad could handle me having the baby at home, he'd freak out lol.

Anyway on Monday I have an appointment to meet the midwife and take a tour, I have NO idea what I should ask, and what I need to know.

I am so hoping that this birth experience is much more positive, nurturing, and just go w/the flow kind of birth.

So inform me!

Sorry I babble ALOT.

Here's the website to the birthing center
http://www.riograndemidwifery.com/Ri...fery/Home.html

TIA.

Advertisement