Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
MamaGoth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tell me about Mama Cloth/Family Cloth

Hi yall.

I havent had my period in almost three years. Obviously it went away when I got pregnant with my DD, and the only bleeding I had was post partum for 6 weeks after my csection. I then got pregnant while nursing my DD, and didnt get a period the entire time I was nursing! (Shes still nursing lol at 21 months...) So here I am with 5 weeks left to go, and Ive been thinking about mama cloth. I went to a health food store for the first time today, and saw some "mama cloth" but they were called gladrags...and they were around 20 dollars for one liner! I was like noooo way could I afford that. I would probably use like 8 or 10 of them a day...so thats about 200 for one day...and I wouldnt want to wash every day.
Im sure that there are WAHMS on here that make them, right?
So if your a WAHM spam with with your prices and things for mama cloth. How many would you say you'd need for a full cycle, washing every other day?

I was also thinking about doing family cloth. I am stick of spending a crap load of money of toilet paper, and then running out in the middle of the night...lol.

Advertisement

╚══`.. you.. Jonathan (DH) Rebekah (12/08) and Remus (10/10)

Cloth Diapering,Selective Vaccinating,Tandem Nursing,Non Circumsizing.
MamaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
aLittleBouncingSoul
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me about Mama Cloth/Family Cloth

GemCloth is made by a mama here, and she does inexpensive pads. She's super sweet and they work great too.

ETA: Link http://gemcloth.webs.com/ or http://hyenacart.com/theappleorchard/
aLittleBouncingSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
justinelauren
Registered Users

My Mood:

I recently won a free pad from Randumosity(facebook giveaway.) I haven't had a chance to break it in, but it's so soft and feels very comfortable. She was great to work with and I plan on ordering more.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Randumosity
http://www.facebook.com/Randumosity
Old 09-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Yes there are a lot of WAHMs here who make them and you can sure get more than one for $20! For instance I have a liner/light pad grab bag for $20 and it includes 6 light pads/liners. I do have some budget-friendly pricing and you can check those links she posted above! Thank you for that!

Also there is a WAHM sampler pack of liners available here and she also has normal/regular absorbency pad sampler packs! I will get that link for you.

As for how many you might need for washing every other day, I usually recommend a dozen. If it turns out you need more you could always order more later. A lot of mamas order a few at a time until they have a full stash and to see how many they really need.

Family cloth is awesome! We have a lot of butts around here and wipes have saved us a ton of money and a lot of trips to the store.

Last edited by GEM Cloth; 09-22-2010 at 08:43 PM.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinelauren View Post
I recently won a free pad from Randumosity(facebook giveaway.) I haven't had a chance to break it in, but it's so soft and feels very comfortable. She was great to work with and I plan on ordering more.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Randumosity
http://www.facebook.com/Randumosity
Oh my goodness how I drool over her gorgeous pads!!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
aLittleBouncingSoul
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM Cloth View Post
Yes there are a lot of WAHMs here who make them and you can sure get more than one for $20! For instance I have a liner/light pad grab bag for $20 and it includes 6 light pads/liners. I do have some budget-friendly pricing and you can check those links she posted above! Thank you for that!

Also there is a WAHM sampler pack of liners available here and she also has normal/regular absorbency pad sampler packs! I will get that link for you.

As for how many you might need for washing every other day, I usually recommend a dozen. If it turns out you need more you could always order more later. A lot of mamas order a few at a time until they have a full stash and to see how many they really need.

Family cloth is awesome! We have a lot of butts around here and wipes have saved us a ton of money and a lot of trips to the store.
You're welcome! Michelle's pads are amazing, and she is wonderful to work with. She totally walked me through ordering what I needed when I started
aLittleBouncingSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
justinelauren
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM Cloth View Post
Oh my goodness how I drool over her gorgeous pads!!
I'm drooling over YOURS. I can't even begin to tell you how much time I've spent staring at your gallery trying to pick out which one to try.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:54 AM   #8
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinelauren View Post
I'm drooling over YOURS. I can't even begin to tell you how much time I've spent staring at your gallery trying to pick out which one to try.
Thank you! (I just wish I could turn and topstitch the curvy ones like Randomosity but I can't so I quit trying and leave that to her! ) I do have style sampler packs (one each of the three styles I make) and size sampler packs (one each of the four sizes I make) if that helps at all. I have style sampler packs on both my website and HC store and need to list some size sampler packs. You could also try just one or two, just PM me.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #9
MamaGoth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Gem Cloth ones are beautiful!

I tried making some of my own, but I dont have any snaps. I guess I could just use safety pins for now until I can get some snaps. lol The ones that I do have are atrocious looking though..lol. Nothing pretty, but functional anyways. They were made out of some flannel and fleece scraps that I had. At least they are thrifty! For now I am going to make a bunch to get over the crappy 6 weeks of postpartum joys, and then after that buy some nice pretty ones <3 At least now I know where I will go to buy them.

Thanks for all the info ladies!
╚══`.. you.. Jonathan (DH) Rebekah (12/08) and Remus (10/10)

Cloth Diapering,Selective Vaccinating,Tandem Nursing,Non Circumsizing.
MamaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote